SASS Wire Forum

IT'S ALL LEGAL !

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

This site has changed, not for the better, by making it virtually impossible for me to get on.  I have to find all the pictures with motorcycles, i identify three of nine, and it won't ley me in....and whose idea was it to require n email address on EVERY posting.  This is pure D Bs....and now it tells me my verification has expired and I have to check the check box again.  PURE D BS. Hd to go to the VA for a semi annual check up.  Got off the 69A and headed down the hill to the 89A.  Traffic was all boxed in.  AHP, Yavapai County SO,  Yavapai Tribal Police, and the VA Security cops were getting woman out of a totally smashed sports coup (Maybe a Camaro or Charger.  Couldn't tell from the damage done) and NOTHING was going through that intersection.  This is a half mile or so exit from theW 69 to the N89.

Finally got past and was only ten minutes late for my appointment.. A couple of hours later I stopped at the gate guard's shack and asked if anyone died in that mess.  The guard told me that the woman had run the stop light and was T-boned by an Impala.  The driver of the chevy walked away with some minor crap, but his car was likely totaled.  The woman was taken to the VA Emergency Room and them helicoptered to Phoenix for treatment of life threatening injuries.  The cat was totaled.

Now, here's the fun part: she had been drinking, legally but heavily, she had been smoking marijuana (also legal in Arizona ) and had over-dosed on prescription drugs (legally obtained), and she hadn't slept for 22 hours (stupid, but not illegal.).

And yet people think that all of these things are the faults of conservatives who didn't want most of it legalized without control in the first place.

We just passed a law that nullified most of the arrests for marijuana possession and public use, let hundreds of cases go by the boards and the people were set free. Our "RED" legislature didn't even fight very hard against it.

36 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

This site has changed, not for the better, by making it virtually impossible for me to get on.  I have to find all the pictures with motorcycles, i identify three of nine, and it won't ley me in....and whose idea was it to require n email address on EVERY posting.  This is pure D Bs....and now it tells me my verification has expired and I have to check the check box again.  PURE D BS.

I don't have these problems. Log in. Post. Done.

If your talking about myhealth.va.gov have no idea. I log into that all the time with no problem. Pull up all my x-rays ect, messages, you name it. You may have all that stuff legal in Az, but is it legal to be on it while driving to the extent of impairment? That's different in my book. Take a few more hits and you'll feel better.:blink:

7 hours ago, watab kid said:

are you in VA or AZ , i get the discussion on each but dont see the connection unless its a medical one im not aware of ? 

VA = Veteran’s Administration medical facility. 

My wife actively follows the "leaving CA" forums, etc.
Many of the folks planning a move to AZ are freaking out after AZ went Blue, and rethinking their relocation.

Me?  I'd still move to Prescott in a heart beat.. if I could find what we want in a house.
After 200+ properties in AZ and NV, still not finding what I want.

OP, if your situation is the rare exception... you are still happy in tall cotton.
We own a place at the beach in San Diego, and won't live there, come Hell or high water.
24x7 crime, 24x7 sirens, 24x7 crazies, crowded...

For years I planned to move to AZ when I  retired. As the years passed by I watched all the people leaving CA for AZ. Unfortunately they brought their liberal views with them. Now I'm looking to move to Idaho. I sure hope the new comers don't ruin that state too. It's no surprise that everyone hates Californians. It sucks to be chased out of the state where I was born and raised. I love the state, but hate those who are in charge. 

My sister and niece moved to Arizona and keep trying to get us to move there. So I was shocked when during the election it wasn't a solid red state. So I guess we are back to Utah, Idaho or Texas for a retirement, or sooner, state.

I've gone through the "retirement analysis", looking at taxes, medical care, insurance, taxes, etc.  It may be heresy, but I don't think that, with a few exceptions, firearms laws should operate as an immediate disqualification.  I live in (and will retire in) MA.  We have some very restrictive rules (ban on transfers of assault weapons, restricted carry permits, etc.), but not so extreme that I cannot function.  I have a concealed carry permits; I can get most guns that I want (I have some pre-ban ARs and mags), and certainly what I need for CAS; there are more Ts to cross and Is to dot, but not a crippling burden.

I think I would focus more on the financial security issues; even if you pick a gun friendly jurisdiction now, who can tell what it will be like in 10 years.  What was AZ like 10 years ago?

LL

I’m fairly happy and pretty comfortable in Middle Tennessee! The state is pretty red if you stay out of Nashville and Memphis.  Fortunately, the surrounding counties are really red and we have a super majority in both houses of the state legislature as well as a Republican governor.  They just announced more pro gun-owner legislation this afternoon!!

There’s no state income tax and property taxes are fairly low outside of the major cities. Lots of good jobs are coming in and housing is still reasonable.

1 hour ago, Mister Badly said:

East Tennessee is a great place to retire. Great place to cowboy shoot too. 

No! Absolutely lousy place! Stay away! Leave us alone!

And don't even think of coming anywhere near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park!

Unless you are a tourist, then we love you.

Ok, humor off. It takes a decade as a resident to get accepted here, minimum. And nobody is going to share back-hills shortcuts to get around because of rod runs and people fleeing cities.

But if you are in for the long game, want to become part of the community and at the same time not tell others how to live their lives (this is seriously important!), you can make a home here. A really good home.

im all in for that eastern tenn thinking , dont move anywhere and bring your trash with you , if you thought enough to move embrace where you moved to and assimilate - just like the fereners we have coming , dont bring your trash here and think its something we want , 

im all for culture in terms of food and clothing -to a point, but not your politics or BS , stuff that 

31 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

It takes a decade as a resident to get accepted here, minimum.

Yep.
One of my close (conservative) friends has kin there, but he was never accepted.. always the outsider.
He stayed several years, then left.

"If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?"

I grew up in a very cliquish environment. I hate cliques and I despise people that are cliquish. I also despise closed minded pinheads that think anyone they don’t know is somehow out to get them or screw them out of something. 

One of the reasons I like the Southwest is you find a more even keeled sort of folk that aren’t so apt to be comfortable with their heads up their arses and their jaws fully engaged separate from their brain. 

The area where I live is pretty open and welcoming.  New folks have moved in over the forty years that we’ve lived here and most have stayed and flourished!  

Those that failed and fled are the ones who tried to force their ideas of how we should live and “this is how we did it where I come from” demands that were neither welcome nor wanted.

I have made that, “We’re glad you’re here but leave your garbage where you came from!” speech a time or two! :rolleyes:  :o  <_<

Archived