SASS Wire Forum

It's good to live out in the country

Utah Bob #35998

12 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I wonder about that 90% capacity don’t you?? I know a couple nurses around here and the say they’re no where near that full! I bet the Local news and papers are pumping up the numbers for ratings. MHO

That’s the story I got while I was in the hospital back in June.

While the news was shouting that the virus was out of control, people on the front lines were telling me that there were fewer than fifteen Covid patients on on any given day.

I was in the hospital for two weeks. I was tested twice and both times were negative.  

This disease is real.

So is the hype.

Hard to separate the two.

My county (Sevier, TN) has jumped an order of magnitude in the last couple months. And tests probably underestimate infections by an order of magnitude. That is where the positivity rate comes in, it predicts how many have it that did not get a test.

And if that is true (seems to be), then the actual death rate is an order of magnitude lower. Still not trivial.

Stay away from folks who cough, nothing down that grocery aisle is worth catching any disease (CoVid, Flu, HKU1, whatever).

Be safe, and for God's sake be sane about doing so. At the same time, don't give in to the hype.

As my lady observed, why didn't everyone wear masks in the last few years when all those flus (like H1N1) where killing citizens?

1 in 20 in my county probably has it right now (5%). 30% have probably already had it locally.

Be practical, aim for being in the 20 to 30 percent who don't get it due to herd immunity; let others protect you. I sure don't want it, though I may have had it about a year ago. Or did I have HKU1? I don't know what it was, but it was bad. I got something before CoViD became an official thing; it really wanted to go to the lungs. Whatever it was, you do not want it.

Be sane and let at least 70% of other people get it so you don't. Whatever it is. Because whatever it is I had last year, you do not want it.

Those folks who think it’s an over hyped conspiracy will hopefully be okay. But according to the doctors I’ve had contact with over the last 9 months, and that’s quite a few, it’s going to get worse. It’s real. It’s deadly.

I don’t understand the “I ain’t wearin no mask” train of thought. It hasn’t robbed me of any of my rights as far as I can tell. It seems a reasonable precaution. Other countries have been doing it for years during flu season to reduce the transmission.

Personally, I sure hope that vaccine gets movin on the fast track. For everybody’s sake.

The covid is real. But when the politicians and media only made a big deal when one side didn't abide by their rules, they lost credibility.  Then later when they report more,  people naturally wonder if they are accurately reporting or again furthering their political agenda.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:17 PM, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Someone told me recently that this occurs because doctors and hospitals know that federal funds apply to COVID deaths and whenever possible will mark death certificates accordingly.  Not sure if that’s accurate but it has the ring of truth. Money talks even to the grave. 

Seamus

I've heard this from two people who work in the medical field currently.

"...1 in 20 in my county probably has it right now (5%). 30% have probably already had it locally.

Be practical, aim for being in the 20 to 30 percent who don't get it due to herd immunity; let others protect you. I sure don't want it, though I may have had it about a year ago. Or did I have HKU1? I don't know what it was, but it was bad. I got something before CoViD became an official thing; it really wanted to go to the lungs. Whatever it was, you do not want it.........." 

yup - we are all gonna get i at least once - the repeat is still not in anyway proven , lets hava a party like we did back in the 50s and all get sick - die like we did in the 60s in VN , or get well ands move on , it is time to move on , 

I know four people who died from existing health issues that were exacerbated by CoVid. Three of these people were morbidly obese and had high blood pressure, diabetes and breathing problems (fat in torso making it hard to expand lungs) One had sickle cell and diabetes.  Several people I know had it and recovered, they had no health issues.  Listening to the medical opinions it seems the best thing one can do is loose weight, get blood pressure and diabetes under control and stop hanging out in bars.  It is real,  maybe a bit worse than the flu and less infectious than SARS 1, swine flu, West Nile fever or  any of the other diseases to appear in last twenty years but it should be taken seriously. 

Just listen to nurses, especially ICU nurses. They know the truth.

Archived