Total cases - 29,986

Deaths - 482

New cases since yesterday - 670

Bottom of the list:

Dolores County (Me)

Total Cases - 3

Deaths - 0

New cases since yesterday - 0

The infection rate in my home country is 0.003%!!

The death rate is 0.01% of those infected

I suspect that the numbers we’re seeing are STILL exaggerated by the blaming of covid for deaths that would have occurred with or without the virus.

As a comparison:

Middlesex County (where I live, 30 miles west of Boston) - 38,246 confirmed cases; 2355 confirmed deaths;

Barnstable County (On Cape Cod, where I am retiring) - 2,287 confirmed cases; 188 confirmed deaths

The vaccines cannot arrive soon enough.

LL

Alameda County in CA is Number One  in deaths in Ca  .

Between the super spreader riots  and underground hip hop club we are growing fast

in April it hit the welfare rest homes really hard 

We are shooten in Masks  in cold weather they are kind a face warmer soo not as bad as in june 

1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

Its the same in the little county of 10,000 where I live.  Very low numbers compared to the areas that make the news. 

Is it because we are not stacked on top of each other or because the air is cleaner ?  

It's the Walking Dead effect. The zombies first infest all the crowded cities, then as the mindless herds move on they begin to infect the rural areas as well. Pretty soon nowhere is safe. <_<

20 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

It's the Walking Dead effect. The zombies first infest all the crowded cities, then as the mindless herds move on they begin to infect the rural areas as well. Pretty soon nowhere is safe. <_<

I'm sure this was intended as jest.....but we all need to think a bit more before we make light of the risks and effects of this virus.  I feel a great deal of sympathy for the folks stuck in the cities; they can't afford to abandon their jobs, and many do the work that brings them into close proximity to many other people.  They are not "mindless herds", they are the blue collars and the working poor and the elderly and the immigrants and the health care workers and emergency personnel, all trying to stay safe and well while this invisible killer swirls around them.  If you're in a rural area, or well-off and taking refuge in your summer home, or an executive who can stay home and still get paid, more power to you.  But don't forget that there are millions of folks who have no such buffers, and who still need to get on a subway car or a train, mashed in with hundreds of others, and go to work.  And no place is safe.

LL

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I suspect that the numbers we’re seeing are STILL exaggerated by the blaming of covid for deaths that would have occurred with or without the virus.

Someone told me recently that this occurs because doctors and hospitals know that federal funds apply to COVID deaths and whenever possible will mark death certificates accordingly.  Not sure if that’s accurate but it has the ring of truth. Money talks even to the grave. 

Seamus

4 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’ve read in several articles that Medicare and Medicaid Covid deaths pay the hospital 39k as opposed to 16k for non Covid deaths. 

All I hear is 11 million plus covid cases. Anyone know how many test came back negative? Or do all test show positive.

I tested negative twice when I was admitted to the hospital back in June!

I got to see what was going on and that’s why I am skeptical of ANY statistics that are published by hospitals, government, or the media!!

2 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Someone told me recently that this occurs because doctors and hospitals know that federal funds apply to COVID deaths and whenever possible will mark death certificates accordingly.  Not sure if that’s accurate but it has the ring of truth. Money talks even to the grave. 

Seamus

One of the guys in my band is a hospital auditor. He has confirmed everything that you said!!  I won’t say any more, here.

Here's a lady rapper that  tested positive in one nostril and negative in the other! :o

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/erykah-badu-says-she-tested-210039703.html

13 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I had a test 11/3. It was required for a colonoscopy. I tested negative.

On both ends??  :rolleyes: :lol:

ok , so if we increase testing by 100% this week watcha think the numbers will look like next week ? 

please dont insult my intelligence - go ahead insult the american public they seem to be inviting it , 

for all of the massive intelligence that liberals' claim to be in possession of im finding it real hard to accept their premise , 

furthermore - since when did a flue epidemic hit and we all hid thinking we wouldnt get it ? YOU WILL , make sure your as healthy as you can be . 

4 hours ago, Smoken D said:

All I hear is 11 million plus covid cases. Anyone know how many test came back negative? Or do all test show positive.

I saw somewhere that Elon Musk took 4 covid tests in one day and 2 showed positive and 2 showed negative. Same machine used in the test each time. I don't know if it is true. So much is fake now it is hard to tell.

Our local news always has the daily updates and they will say X number of people have died with covid in Maine today. The way I see it is if I have a heart attack and a hangnail and die they can say that I died with a hangnail. It does not mean that the hangnail killed me.  I see this as technically correct but intellectually dishonest. They do not mention if the people that died had any underlying conditions that might have actually caused the death. 

Living in another part of the world, but there are the same issues and discussions. Also here, you are blessed in these times if you live in a rural area instead of urban. And if there aren't (m)any cases where you live it's hard to believe that covid is a big deal.

My view on death rates: I have no doubt that if people can somehow profit from COVID they will try to, and therefore, published numbers may tend to be faulty or exaggerated. Nevertheless, certain numbers just are facts. For example, one highly affected region in Switzerland is Wallis, see map below. Someone can question the numbers of testing and positive cases etc., but it is a fact that the number of deaths (overall, not necessary covid related) in the last 6 weeks is higher than the number of death in the 6 month before. At the end it doesn't matter how many deaths you put on covid and what the covid mortality exactly is, it's just obvious that there are a lot, and it's sad to read headlines like this: (roughly translated) Undertakers at their capacity limits "We soon don't know where to put the corpses"

Corona_Wallis_1k.jpg.001c19b72911241e3821478602f96fa0.jpg

Corona_Wallis_4.jpg.7a065a10e403d24ed141fb4e674929a2.jpg

Hospitalizations: We have a good standard of healthcare in Switzerland which is sufficient in normal times for the population of 8.5m. There are about 1400 beds for intensive care in hospitals. Let's say 850 are available for severe covid patients. That's 1 bed for 10'000 people which ain't that much anymore if a pandemic strikes...

Take care, Equanimous Phil

9 hours ago, Smoken D said:

Anyone know how many test came back negative? Or do all test show positive.

This is in fact a very important number as it allows some conclusions about the real number of infected people. If you would just randomly chose the persons to be tested, the ratio of tests to positive cases wouldn't vary with the number of tests. In fact, just people with symptoms or who were in contact with infected people get tested. This means that if you test more, the ratio would decline as the additionaly tested persons are less likely to have covid.

I'm sure you'll find the numbers relevant for USA or the state you're living in, but below is the chart of new daily cases in Switzerland. In summer the numbers got very low, but started rocketing end of October. One could (and some really do) claim now that this is just because of more testing. But the positivity ratio raised from below 5% to constantly 20%-25%, meaning every fifth to fourth person tested has the virus now, compared to summer when it was 1 out of 20 at most. Of course there have been more tests recently, but there are multiple times more positive results. And with this high ratio, there are probably a lot more infected peopled who don't get tested.

Btw, the current situation here is comparable to April, but back then there weren't enough tests available.

Cov19_2020-11-16.JPG.8c0bdfd2eb91976bb33fab08eb2422fa.JPG

Thanks for reading :blush:, Equanimous

All these positive/negative tests that people are yapping about involve are being done with the rapid test machines that give results in less than an hour. 

Do a little research and you discover that these  particular rapid tests are known to have a high rate of false negatives. However their False Positive rate is very low.

Like most things in life everything is a compromise. To get a rapid result you give up sensitivity and as a result the rate of false negatives goes up.. With the 3 day test,  you have greater sensitivity but it takes longer to get the results. This leads to greater accuracy and fewer false negatives.

".....Living in another part of the world, but there are the same issues and discussions. Also here, you are blessed in these times if you live in a rural area instead of urban....." 

i think so too but our governor calls us outstate folks the land of rocks and cows , bot worthy of his attention or concerns 

Some of you missed my point. :lol:

Silly me for not realizing this would trigger a plethora of posts.

9 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Some of you missed my point. :lol:

Silly me for not realizing this would trigger a plethora of posts.

The point is that it is nice to live in the sticks of Texas. My nearest neighbor is a quarter of a mile away. And the point is on your head, ya reprobate.

11059924_10205290994892048_6659274304675758884_n.jpg

23 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I tested negative twice when I was admitted to the hospital back in June!

I got to see what was going on and that’s why I am skeptical of ANY statistics that are published by hospitals, government, or the media!!

Trust no one, suspect every one. 

On 11/16/2020 at 4:12 PM, Smoken D said:

This week they show all positive...New test next week, will show all negative...Flip a coin and believe half of what you hear...Might be closer to the truth...

Texas Lizard

3 hours ago, watab kid said:

".....Living in another part of the world, but there are the same issues and discussions. Also here, you are blessed in these times if you live in a rural area instead of urban....." 

i think so too but our governor calls us outstate folks the land of rocks and cows , bot worthy of his attention or concerns 

When it is voting time....They show up....

Texas Lizard

I have a colonoscopy on December 1st. Have to have the covid test before and noticed they scheduled that for Thanksgiving day. They called for preregistration and I mentioned it and now am going for the covid test the day before Thanksgiving. 

I've had that scheduled for a while and also had my first checkup with my new doctor after my doctor of 25 or 30 years retired. Nothing had changed but he sent me to a urologist and yesterday I had prostate biopsies taken. What a month.

2020 seems like one continuous BOHICA!!

Local paper this morning reported that hospitals in this county are at 90% capacity now. Overnight curfew goes into effect tonight. Way things are going, I'm thinking they're going to shut things down by Christmas, hate to be pessimistic , but I don't see it getting better anytime soon:(:blush:

15 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Local paper this morning reported that hospitals in this county are at 90% capacity now. Overnight curfew goes into effect tonight. Way things are going, I'm thinking they're going to shut things down by Christmas, hate to be pessimistic , but I don't see it getting better anytime soon:(:blush:

I wonder about that 90% capacity don’t you?? I know a couple nurses around here and the say they’re no where near that full! I bet the Local news and papers are pumping up the numbers for ratings. MHO

No need to guess, most counties post a Covid hospital dashboard. I have been watching ours, and we were at 3% Covid patients 2 weeks ago but it has now risen back to 4.4 %, about where is was 2 months ago. So, about 95% of the hospital beds are open to non- Covid patients. And yet we were just put back in the red zone, with more restrictions coming. And this is one of the worst counties in California, behind Los Angeles County. Santa Clara County(San Jose and surrounding cities) has about 3 million residents, for a comparison with Switzerland.

Archived