SASS Wire Forum

Africa

Rye Miles #13621

One of my favorites as well. 

Little known fact,  only one of which I have learned over the years. 

“Africa” is credited to Toto keyboardist/vocalist David Paich and the late drummer Jeff Porcaro.

There have been many bands whose songs are performed with the band's designated lead singer; however,  one of the band's most familiar songs ends up coming when another band member takes the lead.  Such is the case with AFRICA.

Another example is the band The CARS.

Lead singer was RIC Ocasek; however,  one of their popular hits came when band member Benjamin Orr stepped in and was lead singer on "DRIVE".

Just now, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

i never heard of Toto.....but I will look around for some of their CDs.

Great group from the 70’s 80’s. They were studio musicians and put a group together! Good music!

Africa is one of my favorite songs. Nothing like driving my convertible on a coastal road with the top down and having that song come on the radio. Very nice.:)

43 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Africa is one of my favorite songs. Nothing like driving my convertible on a coastal road with the top down and having that song come on the radio. Very nice.:)

Such a perfect tune for that drive!! I’m jealous!!

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Only thing better is doing it at night listening the Wolf Man....

Texas Lizard

I always feel out of it when I see these videos of huge crowds singing the lyrics to songs I've heard but are mostly background music to me. Like this one, I've heard the song of course but have no idea of the lyrics. I can say this about decades of popular music.

All of that sort of mass solidarity has never had appeal to me. Just me, I reckon. It is a catchy tune.

24 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I always feel out of it when I see these videos of huge crowds singing the lyrics to songs I've heard but are mostly background music to me. Like this one, I've heard the song of course but have no idea of the lyrics. I can say this about decades of popular music.

All of that sort of mass solidarity has never had appeal to me. Just me, I reckon. It is a catchy tune.

Those are called dedicated fans!!B)

Archived