SASS Wire Forum

SpaceX - Don't Forget UPDATED - NOW WITH LINK

Subdeacon Joe

We were very fortunate.  We walked out the front door and could see it from the lawn.  Very nice indeed.  I mentioned to Uno we need to bring a camera next time.

Just now, Calamity Kris said:

We were very fortunate.  We walked out the front door and could see it from the lawn.  Very nice indeed.  I mentioned to Uno we need to bring a camera next time.

That must have been spectacular. 

Just now, Subdeacon Joe said:

That must have been spectacular. 

We are about 65 miles down range.  All we are able to see is the plume as it ascends.  We were able to watch it all the way up to stage separation before loosing it in the clouds.  Even at that, it is pretty spectacular. 

I used to love watching those night launches when I lived on the coast. The Saturn 5 moon shots were unbelievable.

Here’s Apollo 17 in 72.

245BDB1E-018B-460B-A81C-48D497362BB4.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

We are about 65 miles down range.  All we are able to see is the plume as it ascends.  We were able to watch it all the way up to stage separation before loosing it in the clouds.  Even at that, it is pretty spectacular. 

When I was growing up in San Diego County we saw launches from Vandenberg. 

When SpaceX launched the Falcon 9 Heavy form there we could see it up here in Sonoma County. 

It was cool to watch! I also liked the live feed from the astronauts on board as they were entering zero gravity!

Archived