SASS Wire Forum

Moving to Las Vegas

War Grizzly

It looks like I'll soon be relocating to northwest Las Vegas for a year commitment beginning in January. It looks like there will be a few Sass clubs within a reasonable drive.

My question for those in the know is what practice range options should i look into? I appreciate any information you all might provide. 

We like Desert Sportsman's Rifle and Pistol Club. They have individual berms and they allow steel targets, but unfortunately I don't think they are allowing new members at this time due to not being able to hold the orientation sessions because of covid. 

If you are looking at the Northwest Side of town then the Las Vegas Shooting Complex will be the closest range to you. It is Government operated and not very friendly for someone who wants his own area to "practice". 

Desert Sportsman has individual bay but you would have to be a member or go with a member to practice. As Innocent said, their membership is closed.

Boulder City Rifle and Pistol club in Boulder City (1 hours drive if you are in the Northwest) is open to the public on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Weekends as well as Holiday Mondays. Cost is $10.00 for 2 hours. Membership is full.

Cowboy Matches (Monthly)

1st Sunday and proceeding Saturday - Eldorado Cowboys - Boulder City Rifle and Pistol Club

2nd Sunday and proceeding Saturday - Nevada Rangers - Las Vegas Shooting Complex Training Facility

3rd Sunday - Desert Desperados - Desert Sportsman shooting Park.

Shooting in the desert is not allowed in the Las Vegas Valley.

16 minutes ago, Griff said:

Fun groups of folks out there, you'll enjoy shooting with them!

Says who?  

They're a bunch of ornery smelly polecats who game it up every chance they get - and wouldn't hesitate to steal your lunch if you leave it unattended.

Or maybe it's just I just need a shower and lunch after shooting this morning?

Archived