SASS Wire Forum

I got to drive a 2020 Tesla with the go fast package

Dirty Dog Doug

They leave the line like Pro Stocker..  zero to 60 in a long 2 count... 150 10

It does cost $120K  less tax credits Gavin will pay for 10% in CA 

we can charge them at home with the  Long range Nuke Power Receivers { solar panels}

so no paying Ca crazy high gas taxes  I asked at my carpenters Union meeting  " wew just spent lots of $$$ to raise gas taxes alot .. but if all new cars are battery who will pay it ??? 

the fit and finish was top of line ,, well yea the car cost $120K

then my question How far can it go at a 120Mph with the  AC on ?? ...maybe 30-35 miles 

Can it go San Fran to La about 500 miles ? No but Tesla has charging stations half way down. only 45 + minutes to charge ... go have lunch 

Can the robot thing drive me home from the bar really hammered ?? ask the Judge 

Plugged in the wall how many tons of COAL does it take to charge ?? No reply 

I ask when the pickup will be for sale so I have room for my gun cart?? dont ask about the metal ball !!!! 

Battery cars and trucks are here  we just need NUKE power to charge them 

55 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

You could run it on diesel .....

6A0199E7-BB7C-433C-ABD3-79782EF54F55.thumb.jpeg.8764cdd903f67e55d581f44239683c42 (1).jpeg

I love it  only thing better would be if it had pile of coal . we have to burn something to make power

You can not only do all that Doug but so much more...That car is a status symbol! The sticker price alone allows one to elevate themselves in status and self importance. Not to mention the smarmy attitude you can acquire with the car and the sudden urge to become anal about every little electron flowing to and fro (electrons actually travel one way, but I am on a roll here). One can utilize the car to get special treatment at hotels, restaurants and shopping malls via the need to constantly be topping off one’s batteries. Why you would get to park right up front in your own special parking spot! Your battery can be nearly full and you COULD park out with all the other riff-raff but no, all one needs to do is sidle up to the front of the lot and stick a plug in their car’s butt and “Wallahhhh”! Instant self-importance, status and ego boost because  (use Mr. Howell voice here) “I need to charge my car and I need to do it now or I will not be able to go on. I am important! I am Special! I have things to do! OUT OF MY WAY, UNDERLINGS!”

One is able travel in lanes built through taxing the working class dogs that bought evil evil gasoline to feed their lowly internal combustion powered conveyances. While doing so one can use the automatic driving system so that they can entertain themselves making faces at the lower lifeforms stuck in the heavier traffic lanes without having to watch the road and actually “drive”.

Yes, this car can open up a whole new culture. A culture of status. A culture based on environmental elitism where the members can pompously look down their noses on several fronts

1. “I” am helping the environment!

2. “I” am not using fossil fuels. 
3. “I” am worthy of higher status because:

a. I paid more for the privilege

b. I park in “special” parking

c. I get special treatment from “The State”

Yes Boys and Girls, owning a Tesla has it’s privileges and those privileges come with societal rank. You too can be a smarmy anal retentive snob with the stroke of a pen and a monthly stipend pulled from your bank account AND you can get the lower lifeforms that can’t afford YOUR level of status to help pay for it through “The State” and their tax dollars!

It’s a new day, my friends. A whole new level of pompous dumbassery, propaganda and entitlement is upon us and people are lining up to be a part of it. 

If God didn’t want us to drive cars with internal combustion engines he wouldn’t have created petroleum! :D

Last year a Prius driving neighbor had her plug in  flat towed  home .

She said driver was soo nice . I dont want to leave you stranded  but this is the only thing I can do for you

I have found that Prius drivers are the ones who think they are stopping Climate Change

most of Tesla drivers I know bought them cause they are fast and the tax credits

On long trips, I sometimes drive 800 to a thousand miles in a day. My wife will spell me for a couple of hours and I drive awhile longer!  We stop for fast food, (which is neither) or pack a lunch and sometimes even a supper!  This lets us get to the places we want to go to and spend more time leisurely enjoying the destination!  An example would be, we left home at midnight, July 3/4, just outside of Nashville, and drove to Spearfish, South Dakota. We arrived in Spearfish in time to see the July 4th fireworks!!  We also carried our motorcycles, our dog, and our guns on the trip.  You can't do that with ANY of those electric cars!!

I agree that they are good for some folks and might do for a grocery getter for our family, but they are STILL way short of what I need to travel the way I do!!

Nope .. you can't even plug in 110 cord to charge them

Gas is the best energy .  we can store it for months , move it very fast with  no energy lost

carry it in  can for people who bought a car with No Gas gauge

15 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

Gas is the best energy .  we can store it for months , move it very fast with  no energy lost

You need at least a 220 right?

they need a transformer about the size of  a steamer trunk .

plug in to 220V...  the charging cord is pretty heavy duty

all battery cars use the same inlock to keep people from frying themselves 

I will check on if anyone has been fried  from a charger 

1 hour ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

Actually you can charge on 110, it just takes forever.   Max charge current at 110 is 12 amps, or 1400w.  That’s 1.4kw/hr and for the big Tesla’s which are 100kwh packs, that would take around 75 hrs to charge.  

If batteries get cheap enough, electric cars will be viable for the masses for most driving.  They still suck for long distance and cold weather.   Having lived with a EV for going on 3.5 years, they are nice when used within their capabilities.   It is nice having a fast car that costs $.02/mile to drive.   I also have my diesel and gas cars for trips and hauling.  

So not having to buy gas and pay the high gas tax....

California and its brilliant leadership over the last 20 years pushed electric and high MPG vehicles. They started seeing a real decline in gas tax revenue. So they raised the gas tax, so they raised the gas tax.

California and Nevada both are testing the idea of a milage tax. Each year you report the milage driven with odometer readings year to year. And you get to write a check for driving. Gas/diesel vehicles get to pay both!

Tax advantage = none.

Lithium is one of the most toxic things there is. Both mining it and disposing of it.

Companies are already developing light duty trucks that use removable battery packs to extend the range. Ford is looking at a removable kit that includes a small gas engine and extra batteries. 

Ford F-150 Electric Pickup May Get Newly Patented Range Extender in Its Bed

It looks deceptively like a toolbox, but it could be used to increase the range of the upcoming electric F-150 pickup truck.

45 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Companies are already developing light duty trucks that use removable battery packs to extend the range. Ford is looking at a removable kit that includes a small gas engine and extra batteries. 

Ford F-150 Electric Pickup May Get Newly Patented Range Extender in Its Bed

And what do you do to offset the loss of space in the bed?? Ol’ Green, my dually pickup, has an eight foot bed. If you put a tool box in the bed , my old Harley won’t fit!! Schoolmarm’s Sportster might go in if I leave the tailgate down so the back wheel can ride on the tailgate.

Meanwhile, me and Ol’ Green stop at the convenient mini-mart, fill up, and proceed to our destination, both bikes and our stuff safely contained within the confines of the bed WITH the tailgate closed

AND maybe even a trailer in tow!!!

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Gee, when I read the title I thought you were about to take a ride on top of another Falcon 9 Heavy...Mars is only about 9 months away! :P:lol:  For more earthly travel, I'll stick with my gas-guzzling Ford Flex!

Stay well and safe, Pards!

How do you like your Flex ? I have been looking at one . I have a F-150  but want a station wagon to have everything lockable. What do you consider gas guzzling?

22 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

BUT. and there is that ugly but again, What do you do with all those expended batteries? Use them for decorations. 

Don't go asking inconvenient questions. 

You'll bust their bubble

I'll keep my hamster mobile, thank you. The one I drive is a sipper( high 30's on the road, high 20's in town). The wife's is somewhat newer with the larger engine, gets mid to upper 20's in town, mid to upper 30's on the road. Mine has a 13 gal. tank, hers is a 14 gal.:rolleyes::blush:

2 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

How do you like your Flex ? I have been looking at one . I have a F-150  but want a station wagon to have everything lockable. What do you consider gas guzzling?

I have a Retrax bed cover on both my trucks.  Lockable in any position and made of aluminum. Because everything in the bed is out of sight it is less tempting.

37 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

I should have put "gas-guzzling" in quotation marks, as it isn't too bad. Don't  drive that much anymore, being semi-retired and working my leather-making from my home. I think there is a SFC indicator on my instrument panel, but I'd say consumption isn't much more than my old 1987 Ford station wagon.  My previous vehicle was a 2003 Ford Expedition, which I bought new because they had quit making wagons.  The Expedition is basically a F-150.  I think I had only 152,000 miles on it, but it was getting harder for some of my friends to hoist themselves up into it (and I figured it might get that way for me, too), so I sold it to my nextdoor neighbor, who is still running it! My Flex is a 2018, and I like it fine! I'm not sure if they are still making them, but you ought to be able to get parts for at least 12 years.  BTW, Ford doesn't call the Flex a station wagon. They call it a "crossover" vehicle.  But a rose...  I have always been a station wagon man, except when I couldn't get one, and had to go to the Expedition.  My Flex will haul my gun cart and gear to SASS matches and I don't even have to put the 2nd seatback down (when I was looking at the Flex, I made sure to measure for that)!

Best of luck, and stay well and safe!

They will get their revenue from raising registration on electric cars to offset gas tax loss.  How do I know?  Went from 140 a year to 350 a year overnight in a vehicle that just has a battery assist....I don’t even charge it on road but I get to pay the special taxes for it.  Just wait....they will keep going up.  Oh it also makes sense they now give huge tax breaks  to buy and then just turn around and raise taxes once you have them....

While the fast charging stations reduce charging time significantly they also can't charge to rated capacity.   And also a steady diet of fast recharges significantly reduces battery cycle life.

P.S. LiIon motive power batteries are 1st recycled by repurposing.  Tesla makes their Power Wall UPS using used Tesla EV batteries.  Once they are toast the lithium & cobalt are extracted from the cells.

They're fast when they're fulling charged, once they've discharged a  bit they lose a lot of oomph.  So basically, the lower the charge, the less power it has available.  Meanwhile my small block Chevy V8 6.2 liter pumps out 455 hp and 455 tq as long as there's gas in the tank.  As an added benefit, every time I crank it up I get looks from anyone nearby.  I guarantee the  Tesla doesn't get that. 

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I'd like to know where all the electricity CA will need for all these electric vehicles is supposed to come from. They've already dammed up every stream and creek they can think of, and every summer people have to deal with rolling blackouts as it is.

Quit pointing out the inconvenient truths. :P You'll bust their bubble. ;)

Actually, I believe that Kalifornia has been tearing down dams for the benefit of the tree huggers and discontinuing the building of more! 

They don’t properly manage their waterways well and can’t control erosion because those same tree huggers, by hook or by crook, defeat all efforts to fix the problems!!  Power companies and other entities are prevented from clearing power line right of ways causing those companies to cut power to prevent fires.

The anti-nuke nuts prevent new plants from being built. Then they bitch because they don’t have the electric capability. They place more load on a system that can’t handle the demand and then balk and protest at just the mention of a new dam or new plant, scream and cry when someone proposes a windmill farm in their vicinity, snivel and whine when a new solar farm is considered and then want to know why there are rolling power outages and brownouts all the time!!

All this, and they have the nerve to criticize those states that use what they have to the best advantage and manage their resources well!!  And they wonder why they constantly have wildfires and drought and mudslides!!

we run them on Unicorn farts  

but solar panels do a good job for charging them i

in the SF bay area lots of companies have shaded parking with solar panel  ..

company "pays" for your fuel 

while they are getting alot better   Gas will rule  

Archived