SASS Wire Forum

Dog Agility Course

Subdeacon Joe

A local shelter has a Belgian Malinios up for adoption.  We discussed it briefly.  They are too much work and require lots of stimulation and exercise, something we don't have the time or the energy to give it. We had a half Malinios half German Shepherd.  He was a lot of work.  I can't imagine how much work a pure bread would be. 

I heard someone ask a police k9 handler once ... "what was the big difference between a Malinois and a German Shepherd as a service dog??" ... 

He said ... "if they were both chasing a bad guy and the bad guy jumped off a cliff ... the Malinois would jump off the cliff too but a Shepherd would stop at the edge and watch them decend!" ... :lol:

He went on to say IHO .. the Malinois were very dedicated (radical) and the Shepherds were "gamers"!! 

sniffed.jpg.bb00947a9ea4a8341987fe89ee323a72.jpg puppies-ripbird-2.jpg.814284088748bcd2e2fcd8a54c0607e3.jpg

While still working as a Parole Agent we were on a FALCON sweep with the US Marshals. After chasing and fighting three idiots, I discovered I had lost my leather cap. Looked over and a K9 Had it in his mouth with a "If you really want this, come and take it" look on his face. He got to keep the cap...

19 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

While still working as a Parole Agent we were on a FALCON sweep with the US Marshals. After chasing and fighting three idiots, I discovered I had lost my leather cap. Looked over and a K9 Had it in his mouth with a "If you really want this, come and take it" look on his face. He got to keep the cap...

Police dog in court.jpg

Archived