SASS Wire Forum

Reloading bench mess!

Hoss

I thought I was at least in the running for a MAJOR Award but after seeing Mr Johnson's crushing display --

I just feel SO inadequate ........ If I had a dog, I'd go kick it (kidding of course).  :(

Can't compete with you guys. All the mess is inside the cabinets.  As are the other 4 reloading presses. (3 more SDBs and a Rockchucker).

20191213_114554.jpg

Mine looks about like Hoss'

I've been on a loading binge lately, and as I was finishing up my empty 45 acp cases I had to move some stuff on the bench, and found a full old school metal coffee can full of 38 special brass, to add to the other 2 that were waiting to be loaded.

Today I switched over to 38 special and primers from large to small and got started.

The down side to all this loading, is that I'll soon be out of empty brass to load, and it being Winter and the Rona and primer shortages, I don't know that I'll be making much empty brass any time soon.

Maybe it's time to buy some lead and dies and start loading for rounds that I don't currently load for....but do have empty brass....

mine has to stay clean  my very neat girlfriend would stand and stare at that mess 

Glad it is soo easy .. yes it is small .  almost cheating but I can set up anyplace .

very low on primers but I have 3000 rounds loaded 

I dont bother reloading shot gun shells  Gun Clubs where $4.99 a box

DSCF0037.JPG

DSCF0038.JPG

gun clubs.jpg

15 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Amateurs.

Room_1.jpg

Room_2.jpg

935AF222-BE53-4E9A-B6CA-58257036573F.jpeg

Now I see why some you guys have multiples of things. Ya can always find at least one!;) My garage looks like that, but the reloading room somehow stays kept up!

16 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Hey @Trooper Ozzy is that one of those tables from Sams Club? How do you like it?

I'm not Trooper but I have the bench from Harbot Freight that looks like that and It works for me after I secured it to the wall.

ive revisited multiple times - i envy the clean workspaces i see , i need to clean mine up some , i also envy some of the mess items i see in those messy workspaces , you guys got some stuff i need 

19 hours ago, Trooper Ozzy said:

Works great. Presses are mounted on 2x's and c clamped. Sliders under the legs to move easily. Was quite the upgrade from my original setup

uhd20257b_workbench_beauty_1.jpg

20160305_144846.jpg

I have that table an will buy a couple more.

Yes, they are that well made.

OLG 

18 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I wondered when somebody would point that out - my daughter's old bedroom... yeah, that's it. :D

Shows yer a kind, patient, well adjusted man .....:D

On 11/15/2020 at 5:58 PM, Three Foot Johnson said:

I wondered when somebody would point that out - my daughter's old bedroom... yeah, that's it. :D

yup - we all make do , im operating in an unused bathroom - we have four and there are only two of us , ive been planning to remodel it for years but dont want to give up my conditioned work space to reload in , 

Archived