SASS Wire Forum

Reloading bench mess!

Hoss

I think it’s time to do a little squaring away! 

anybody’s look worse?

0998B562-9770-46EA-9C2F-C48BE890B819.jpeg

Every time I organize my reloading room it takes me a month to find everything I need... :D 

A couple of well adjusted folks there... as was told me by a co-worker... a clean desk is the sign of a sick mind!  The only time my reloading bench was neat and tidy, was the day I finished setting it up!

47 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I don’t know you decide?

AD1C1CB5-039D-4AC4-BB1B-2FFCB877C95D.thumb.jpeg.ce69e08a584904cc83fb8fd116a9fe85.jpeg

Yer just a Piker Randy ......:rolleyes:

IMG_0364.jpg.1ad1dc6db8bb90f839d5684a6064bdb1.jpg

Edit: Oh yeah - and this is my living room .....

Mine is a mess due to moving! I salute you guys!

Just leave it! Every time I cleaned my bench it gets to looking like that in a couple of days, and I can't find what I'm looking for until it's messed up again. Drives the misses nuts because my bench is right in front of her car . I can hear her now "you need to clean that junk up"

Rafe

48 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I count 7 rolls of tape...

Oh yeah - use that to hold things on place   Haha

Shadowcatcher, you can't fool me.  You took that picture out of an RCBS catalog. :)

Three-Foot, is that a wagon wheel light fixture?

I couldn't back up to get a wider angle, but the entire 2-car converted garage looks like this:

Reloading Bench.jpg

33 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

It is. :)

Betcha he stole it from Dave Engels .......:)

19 hours ago, Hoss said:

I think it’s time to do a little squaring away! 

anybody’s look worse?

0998B562-9770-46EA-9C2F-C48BE890B819.jpeg

I really admire a guy that keeps track of primers with Sharpie hash marks on the work bench. Yer my HERO Hoss !!!

1 hour ago, Trooper Ozzy said:

Cleaned up. 

7E5936AE-61B3-4F0A-A6F4-CCA3F03F6085.jpeg

Hey @Trooper Ozzy is that one of those tables from Sams Club? How do you like it?

I have to fess up a bit, I'm somewhat anal-retentive about my reloading and my bench.

I started apprenticing as a machinist and welder in my teens (Daddy owned a shop) and

lesson one was always clean up as you go and every tool gets cleaned and put away at end of shift.

The G.I bill paid for me to learn to be an engineer, and in aerospace I learned that FOD kills.

My press is now converted from single stage rifle reloading to progressive, and I'll be cranking out a thousand or so

9mm rounds for steel challenge fun matches soon.

I'm out of rifle powder, and small pistol/rifle primers shortly - got a few K of large pistol and large rifle left.

I try to stay ahead in my reloading, but the last year has taken a turn - started shooting much more 22 LR because

of Project Appleseed, and more 9mm since steel is available, but CAS is on hiatus.

Interesting to note, not only are primers and many powders out of stock, but even 9mm dies and shell plates

were few and far between.  The only saving grace is that since there are few matches these days, the ammo isn't

being shot up as fast as it could be.

I really think it hit me when I started realizing that I might have to start making ultra light loads for my .270 rifle

just to keep busy at the range!

My bench and ammo closet today -

IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_4228.JPG

4 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

I really admire a guy that keeps track of primers with Sharpie hash marks on the work bench. Yer my HERO Hoss !!!

21K small pistol on the Loadmaster, then another 21K since I got the Dillon in June 18 

1402427D-E6AA-400F-91E8-2F73EE85FA06.jpeg

Archived