SASS Wire Forum

Replacing membership card

Morgan Cooper

It's plastic... mine has been thru the washer AND dryer several times...  Maybe I didn't use soap... :huh:    Now that I'm done with the smart-azz answer:  Contact the SASS Office.

Welcome Packet?  I don't remember a "Welcome Packet"... I do remember wondering if the dang thing would last long enough to cover my $200 Life membership/investment!!!

9 minutes ago, Wrangler Rich SASS #42157 said:

Has anyone ever been asked to show it? I don't ever remember anyone asking to see mine.

WR

I tried to use mine to prove that I was me when depositing checks (RO Course fees made out to the only name the students knew).
Counter-signed with both names and the teller wouldn't accept the 2-party checks for deposit..."for my own protection".
I took the checks to another bank that our company used for deposits (I did the daily transactions there, but had no personal account).

They CASHED them for me with no questions & no fees.
Went back to the first bank and closed all of my accounts.

:ph34r:

After finding the "Lump" in the washer or dryer, carefully "un-fold,"  Lay flat and let dry.  After drying, cover BOTH sides with clear shipping tape.  Or, just put the "lump" inna pill bottle and carry it with you.  Should some clown "do-gooder" ask to see your SASS Card, haul out the pill container, point to it and say SEE!!!

On the other hand, the above WILL NOT impress the State Trooper.  No sense of humor.  None at all.  (Don't ask how I know this FACT!!)

8 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

On the other hand, the above WILL NOT impress the State Trooper.  No sense of humor.  None at all.  (Don't ask how I know this FACT!!)

Was on a bike trip up in Wyoming one year & had occasion to give a good listening to the nice State Trooper who took exception to my rate of speed. He walked up to the bike & I dutifully handed him my DL + insurance papers + my Carry Permit. I didn't notice that my stack of IDs included my Life Natl Park Pass. He looked over the assortment of documents,& with a smile, handed back the Park Pass & said " We don't give points for these ......." Cracked me up. He wrote out a warning & sent me on my way.

5 hours ago, Wrangler Rich SASS #42157 said:

Has anyone ever been asked to show it? I don't ever remember anyone asking to see mine.

WR

Yep, had to show mine once as they didn't believe my member number... 

i got my gold round metal one with the pin , not sure ive ever received a plastic card , never been asked to provide it yet , ill look around ...must have it if ever sent to me , got my NRA one tho , 

No one has ever asked for my card. My Founders Ranch badge is the only SASS card, badge or pin I ever had to show. That was in 2006 at EOT. I guess we are all very trustworthy.   :P

I was asked to verify my age because a jerk didn't believe my eligibility for Elder Stateman but I used my CCW card.

Today they are crappy, made of paper and the toner flakes off pretty quick.  If you pay your dues annually, they send you a new one every year.

Print your own.  99.9987% of the population won’t know whether it is real or not, a certain group of politically oriented people will think you are a terrorist because you have a card that “Might” support private citizens being allowed to own guns and should be in prison.  Years ago, you had to prove membership to take RO II classes, only time I ever knew of it having a purpose.

1 hour ago, Red Hooker said:

I've lost my badge. How do I get a replacement?

You will need to contact SASS HQ for that. Even though HQ is closed, I believe all the staff is working from home via computer. Email Misty or Ruby or Angela.

SASS contacts

mine is plastic and i found it in a small zip lock with a copy of my life NRA card that i did need once upon a time in the older west to participate in a shoot , 

since then that shiny gold one served the purposes at every shoot ive been to , hope you find yours - cant tell you how much easier it is to revisit this thread , i feel so much more adequate now than when id misplaced part of myself , 

Trust me if the new cards go thru the washer..they will come out a clean skin...received a new one a few months back & had to get a replacement as you couldn't read it..just like smudged ink..the 2nd one is not much better...just sayin not bitchin' !!

Archived