SASS Wire Forum

Anybody else use a Parker?

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

I put in a lot of work getting a Parker DH 12 gauge back together.  Got it disassembled in an ammo can. No barrels. I shot it in one match with black powder and brass hulls just to say I did.  I trained it this spring for a second generation Colt SAA in 45Colt and got some boot!

5a804ef5030cb_ParkerinaanammocanFeb2018.jpg.84e42bfafb96a2d6b036e37e8ce19b5a.jpg

5a805715e65db_ParkerandforendFeb2018.jpg.79252cc6871b23b0045e7337e46dc1b0.jpg

5a83639d33f18_ParkerDHtogetherFeb2018.jpg.0d9edcd6c5acab84fd872b537b80763c.jpg

8 hours ago, Kulshan 20262 said:

I use a Fisher Space pen. Their refills come with an adapter for Parker pens. :D

My Mother’s family is from Janesville WI, where they were once based. Had Parker pens in grade and high school late 60’s to early 70’s. Haven’t seen them for a while. 

No Parker but I started out with a $1200 Savage Fox and the cocking component broke because of throwing empties just like a Parker, ending up with a spare parts shotgun then ... You Will Be Sorry even thinking about using a Parker or paying for about a $500 PLUS repair bill to fabricate a new component.  A Parker was not made for cowboy usage

Every once in awhile, I shoot my Parker 8 gauge 4-1/4" at a match instead of my usual 10 gauge 3-1/2". It's not legal but does get a lot of attention. I also bring my Colt .41 Long Colt Thunderer DAs.

Lots of fun with Holy Black.  :wub:

15 minutes ago, watab kid said:

never had the chance to own one yet , i would say you have the opportunity to have one some of us never will , congrats 

Thanks.   I actually have two.  One with 18" barrels that I inherited from my father.   It's absolutely incredible looking.    Kicks like a mule though!

The other is a 30" one with full chokes in each barrel.   Recoil is quite pleasant.   Not all that pretty to look at, but mechanically sound.   I actually found this one at a store in Maine for 800 bucks.   Too good to pass up!

Well, recoil was MOSTLY pleasant.  When you have that one stubborn knock down that just refuses to fall, getting frustrated and giving it both barrels when shooting black powder may be satisfying, create a lot of boom and smoke, but it kinda hurts.

But the target fell...

Cherrys.com in Greensboro NC has several starting at $650.

Nice selection.

I shot a Remington Model 1878 Lifter for several years that I bought there for under $200.  Grade I, non-Damascus

20151027_195337.jpg

Archived