SASS Wire Forum

Started the morning with a dog walk...

Charlie Harley, #14153

That's why I started also carrying a paper towel.

Did you discover the hole when after you had it picked up and were starting to walk away it fell through the hole (yuch), or did you discover the hole when you went down to pick it up and it came in through the hole all over your hand (double yuch)?

2 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

I think about the guy who empties the poop cans at the dog park 

He is a well paid city worker but what did he do to who to get that crappy job 

Crumby job + there's 4 of your coworkers watching you.

Trade ya!

Last night I took Custer for his last walk about 9pm. He bolted after something right as I was adjusting my grip and got away. I grabbed my flashlight (we live in the country) and saw what he was going after about 15 feet away -- A SKUNK!!! I took off to get him, the skunk sprayed but fortunately did not hit either of us but we both got some residue from the ground and air. 

When we got home, Custer got a bath. I had to wash my clothes. His leash and collar are soaking in vinegar and water now. My boots are in vinegar and water to get the smell off of the soles and the garage is open to air out.

Re: Poop bags.

I try to carry three with me at all times.:rolleyes:

I wake up one morning about 3:00, and idiot child says "boy I'm glad you're up. I gots to pee."

So we go out. We have taken many of these "way too damn early" morning walks, and all she ever does is pee. So I don't carry a bag.

We go out, and she pees, and then we're going back, and she pulls me up into another yard then squats down. Nawww, that's the wrong kind of squat.

I take her home and put her in the house and get a flashlight and a bag and go back. But I could not recall just exactly where she had been in relation to the 80-ft width of front yard, so I am standing there at the edge of the yard with my flashlight going back and forth trying to find the pile.

Woman comes out of the house and gets in her car to go to work. Gets down to the edge of the driveway and rolls her window down and says, "what in the world are you doing?"

Well I tell her what I'm doing at 3:30 in the morning in her front yard with a flashlight, and show her the bag, and tell her I'm trying to find the poop.

She tells me to forget about it, so I say okay and put the bag back in my pocket and go home.

nuthin like a skunk to wake up your senses , back when i was a kid the garbage cans were outside my bedroom window and the dog was not far from there - waking up to that was not at all fun and happened way too often , i shoot them at distance these days if at all possible and leave the remnants to the crows , they dont seem to mind the smell 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 8:12 PM, watab kid said:

nuthin like a skunk to wake up your senses , back when i was a kid the garbage cans were outside my bedroom window and the dog was not far from there - waking up to that was not at all fun and happened way too often , i shoot them at distance these days if at all possible and leave the remnants to the crows , they dont seem to mind the smell 

Ever hear this old Porter Wagoner song?

JHC

Archived