SASS Wire Forum

Home-Made Mortars

Cholla

4 hours ago, Cholla said:

Thanks Cholla, I must have typed it in wrong as it is right where you said in MB. Looks like a fun item!! Just out of curiosity--how do you add a Pard in the dark blue box as you put me in above?

19 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Thanks Cholla, I must have typed it in wrong as it is right where you said in MB. Looks like a fun item!! Just out of curiosity--how do you add a Pard in the dark blue box as you put me in above?

Just type in the @ sign and the the name of the person you are wanting to reach. @Eyesa Horg The software brings up a list of people as you type that match the letter string: image.png.9d6c60b7cdd89a4ab200ec90d96e6361.png

23 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

The longer the web address the easier it is to get something not quite right. I have found some cool websites over the years but the web address was so long I knew the readers would have issues so I didn't use them. If you have issues with an address email me. My address should be on the Web Blasts page. I can dig it up and send the hyperlink straight to you. People ask me to do it regularly.

One of the gun magazines had an article on "Thunder Mug Mortars"  sometime in the early '60s.  They were sized to use frozen juice concentrate cans for projectiles and they used a fuse and a bursting charge in the projectiles.  Very illegal now but legal then.

Duffield

When I was about 9 a bunch of cherry bombs came into my possession and a buddy of mine came over who like to play WW2 as much as me.  Lo, there was a pea gravel pile about 50 yards from our barn where all the krauts were holed up and they needed flushing out.  Any survivors could be picked off with our BB guns you see.  So, we found a 2 in galvanized pipe about 3 ft long and buried one end in the gravel and slanted/aimed it by country reckoning.  One would dump a lit cherry bomb down and the other would quickly pour a double handful of pea gravel down the muzzle.  Worked fantastic but we had to quit when our barrel developed a lengthwise split.  The angels were kept busy guarding two West Texas kids for sure.

Archived