SASS Wire Forum

Telemarketers

Subdeacon Joe

Two for Redneck Flatlander!!

I'll see your Hillbilly, Redneck Flatlander, Kentucky Auctioneer and Yinzer and raise you a Newfoundlander or someone from the upper Ottawa Valley. 

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'll see your Hillbilly, Redneck Flatlander, Kentucky Auctioneer and Yinzer and raise you a Newfoundlander or someone from the upper Ottawa Valley. 

I'll take a Newfie any day over some of the Northern New Jersey accents.

Talk about nails on a chalkboard!

I received a call earlier today stating I had won the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes. $2.6 million and & $7k a month forever. I talked with the guy for about 20 minutes and he finally asked me to go purchase a Visa card from CVS Pharmacy and give him the number, we don't have a CVS in Cheyenne. They were going to be at my house at 1:30 in order to present the certified check. He never asked for my address? And, according to my phone he was calling from Jamaica maan.

If they show up at my house they may get greeted by Karma, our German Shepard. 

6 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I'll take a Newfie any day over some of the Northern New Jersey accents.

Talk about nails on a chalkboard!

Hey, I resemble that remark!

I may live in central NC, but I never have to tell one of my new friends here, “I’m a Yankee.” 
Some how they always seem to know it.
On the other hand they don’t hold it against me and let me spend my money anywhere I want to.

Yehaw!!

CJ

39 minutes ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

I may live in central NC, but I never have to tell one of my new friends here, “I’m a Yankee.” 

CJ

I wonder why!:rolleyes:

It don't take long to figure out that they ain't from down around Dothan.

On the other hand, I bet that you don't go around telling folks that they are actually much smarter than they sound, either.:angry:

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

I never have to tell one of my new friends here, “I’m a Yankee.” 
On the other hand they don’t hold it against me and let me spend my money anywhere I want to.

We're good like that.

Howdy,

Ten calls in one day  about my i clod account being upset.

Cant use any apple products until I call their number.

Well I just ate an apple and it was delicious.

I would like to know wheree they are calling from.

But I just avoid answering if possible.

Best

CR

gettin a free vet oil change this afternoon.....cool.

6 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

... gettin a free vet oil change this afternoon.....cool.

Let us know how it turns out.  I've never had my vet change my oil.  Can't be any worse than the guys down at the Jiffy Lube.:D:P

22 hours ago, bgavin said:

I figure folks are far more concerned if you're a real American, rather than coming from up North.

Well, yeah, but it's clear you're not from South Carolina.  You just don't know.  (No offense, Cactus Jack.)

This gives me an idea. With some of these callers their Indian accents are so thick I may just start saying “To make me understand what the hell you just said please press 9.”

31 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Well, yeah, but it's clear you're not from South Carolina.  You just don't know.  (No offense, Cactus Jack.)

Non taken.

I have a friend I’ve made since arriving here. Born just up the road, lived his whole life in this area.
Ole Pete loves to tell me stories of the Yankees he has dealt with. We have a good laugh together. 

CJ

1 hour ago, MizPete said:

That reminds me of my only visit to Callaway Gardens in AL.
We pulled in for some gas and this tiny old crone looks across the top of the counter.

Her: "Y'all Yankees, BOY?"
Me: "Why no ma'am... we're from California"
Her: "Oh that's nice... do you boys know any movie stars... are the streets really paved in gold?"
Me:  < grins >

We bellied up to the bar in Belfast, Northern Ireland, me & my boss/bestie.  Sez the barman: and it's Yanks Y'are?  I points at boss & says 'this one is, but I, Sir, and from the sovereign State of South Carolina."  Sez he, almost comin' across the bar: So it's a Rebel y'are!!  We were the evening's entertainment.

2 hours ago, bgavin said:

That reminds me of my only visit to Callaway Gardens in AL.
We pulled in for some gas and this tiny old crone looks across the top of the counter.

Her: "Y'all Yankees, BOY?"
Me: "Why no ma'am... we're from California"
Her: "Oh that's nice... do you boys know any movie stars... are the streets really paved in gold?"
Me:  < grins >

Calloway Gardens is in Georgia on US 27 between Columbus and La Grange.  It's just south of a town called Pine Mountain and it's not far from Warm Springs of FDR fame.

Part of the Gardens is built on what was once my family's hunting land.  Great Great Grandpa thought he had found a sucker when he got a whole quarter an acre for the land seeing's how it was too steep to plow.

Archived