SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Reverend Leadslinga

Stage setup for the rifle (10 rounds) was 2 targets to the left of a 6 target dueling tree with 2 targets to right of the dueling tree. This is the rifle portion of the stage only, pistol targets were different and irrelevant to this post.  Stage instructions for the rifle were to engage each target once. Not a sweep! just 4 on the stationary and 6 on the tree.  The shooter hit the 2 targets to the left of the dueling tree and then engaged the tree from the bottom up, hit the bottom target once, hit the 2nd from bottom target twice, then hit the 3rd 4th & 5th targets, did not engage top dueling tree target swung across and then placed the last 2 rounds on the 2 stationary targets on the right.

I am not certain but I think the call was a miss and a P.  I think perhaps it should have been 2 misses.  The double tap on the 2nd from bottom on the tree would have been a miss and not engaging the top target on the tree another miss.  Whats the Call?

(Please feel free to reference the "MISS FLOW CHART" in our shooters handbook if you wish)

Thanks folks

Regards

Reverend L 

He didn't miss any rifle targets, all his shots hit rifle targets. What he did do was not hit the right target with one shot. Still not a miss but a procedural.

I see it  as a P for the double tap on the 2nd from the bottom target and a miss on the top target.

All ten fired shots HIT rifle targets = NO MISSES

Targets were engaged contrary to stage instruction to "engage each target ONCE" (one was double-tapped) = PROCEDURAL.

1 hour ago, Reverend Ledslinga said:

Stage setup for the rifle (10 rounds) was 2 targets to the left of a 6 target dueling tree with 2 targets to right of the dueling tree. This is the rifle portion of the stage only, pistol targets were different and irrelevant to this post.  Stage instructions for the rifle were to engage each target once. Not a sweep! just 4 on the stationary and 6 on the tree.  The shooter hit the 2 targets to the left of the dueling tree and then engaged the tree from the bottom up, hit the bottom target once, hit the 2nd from bottom target twice, then hit the 3rd 4th & 5th targets, did not engage top dueling tree target swung across and then placed the last 2 rounds on the 2 stationary targets on the right.

I am not certain but I think the call was a miss and a P.  I think perhaps it should have been 2 misses.  The double tap on the 2nd from bottom on the tree would have been a miss and not engaging the top target on the tree another miss.  Whats the Call?

(Please feel free to reference the "MISS FLOW CHART" in our shooters handbook if you wish)

Thanks folks

Regards

Reverend L 

Pard, the answer is in the flow chart. Were all targets hit with the proper ammunition? Yes. Asses no misses. Were all the targets hit in the proper order? No. Asses a Procedural.  See you next weekend.

Did the instructions mention what was a qualifying "hit" on the tree?

Did the instructions mention if the tree targets needed to move?  if so how far?

13 hours ago, Flying W Ramrod said:

Pard, the answer is in the flow chart. Were all targets hit with the proper ammunition? Yes. Asses no misses. Were all the targets hit in the proper order? No. Asses a Procedural.  See you next weekend.

I think you mean assess, not the plural form of less than clever folks.  Sorry, couldn't resist.  :lol:

15 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

All ten fired shots HIT rifle targets = NO MISSES

Targets were engaged contrary to stage instruction to "engage each target ONCE" (one was double-tapped) = PROCEDURAL.

Just to make sure that I fully understand, if one of the shots would’ve missed then the call would have been a miss and a P?

1 minute ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Just to make sure that I fully understand, if one of the shots would’ve missed then the call would have been a miss and a P?

If you mean one of the shots at the "2nd from the bottom target"...NO...just the MISS.

“A MISS CANNOT CAUSE A PROCEDURAL.”

RO1 p.103

Archived