SASS Wire Forum

Shootout scene from movie Wanda Nevada.

Warden Callaway

About how it really goes. 999 misses to 1 hit.

Bunch of promiscuous shootin’!!

Now I think I know why I have never heard of that movie...:rolleyes::lol:

Seriously. This is the first time I have heard about this movie. I may have to check it out. 

This actually makes sense. Peter Fonda is left-handed. You notice he is wearing a shoulder holster under his right arm, and another pistol cross draw in front of his right hip.

Brooke Shields is right handed. she is wearing a left hand strong side holster on her right side.

Now if I were going out into the wilderness with a lefty, and I wished him to carry a gun, I would give him a gun and one of my holsters, which are right-handed. He would either have to wear it on his right side, making him very clumsy and drawing it and then he would have it in the wrong hand to shoot, or he would have to wear it on his left side so it would be backwards, making him basically do a cavalry draw. But at least once he got it out it would be in the correct hand.

Oh, and speaking of Peter Fonda being left-handed. I remember some movie where he was in jail, and he was playing guitar. The guitar was strung for a right-handed person. This seems like it would be a pain in the butt to learn - fingering wise. But if you're having to play other people's guitars because you don't have one of your own, learning to play a right handed guitar seems like a smart thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Alpo said:

This actually makes sense. Peter Fonda is left-handed. You notice he is wearing a shoulder holster under his right arm, and another pistol cross draw in front of his right hip.

Brooke Shields is right handed. she is wearing a left hand strong side holster on her right side.

Now if I were going out into the wilderness with a lefty, and I wished him to carry a gun, I would give him a gun and one of my holsters, which are right-handed. He would either have to wear it on his right side, making him very clumsy and drawing it and then he would have it in the wrong hand to shoot, or he would have to wear it on his left side so it would be backwards, making him basically do a cavalry draw. But at least once he got it out it would be in the correct hand.

Oh, and speaking of Peter Fonda being left-handed. I remember some movie where he was in jail, and he was playing guitar. The guitar was strung for a right-handed person. This seems like it would be a pain in the butt to learn - fingering wise. But if you're having to play other people's guitars because you don't have one of your own, learning to play a right handed guitar seems like a smart thing to do.

My son is left handed, when he was 5 yrs old he picked up a guitar and me being a musician told him to play it the other way like a right hander. Well. he is now 50 and a successful guitarist, songwriter. He plays and tours with Rob Thomas (from Matchbox 20 fame) and has co-written many songs for various artists such as Usher, Ariana Grande, 50 Cent, and has played on albums for Jennifer Lopez and few others. I guess my suggestion that he play guitar "right handed" worked out pretty well for a "lefty"! 

If you think about it all the fingering is done with your left hand on a RH Guitar.

That would make sense, but that's not how Fonda did it. He turned it over and played it like it was a left-hand strung guitar, picking with his left hand and fingering with his right. But it was strung for a right-hander so when he was playing the skinny strings was on the top and the fat strings was on the bottom.

Archived