SASS Wire Forum

Reload Equipment Company Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States (405) 277-8330

I'm skeptical, I have called them and it goes straight to voicemail, I left a message to call me. I used the contact form on their website and this is my corespondents with them.

Can you do an in person sale tomorrow?

Hide quoted text

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020, 5:40 PM REC Customer Support <customersupport@reloadequipmentcompany.com> wrote:

You will need to make your order on our website we are not able to provide an order through email. We apologize for the inconvenience.

REC Customer Support Agent Ryan 

---- On Mon, 09 Nov 2020 15:38:29 -0800 thebeardedwonder@wonderbulletsllc.com wrote ----

Ok, thank you.  Can you quote me a price for 50,000 federal small pistol primers (no.100).  I am a business and can provide a copy of my FFL and tax certificate. Is your Warehouse located in oklahoma city?

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020, 5:31 PM REC Customer Support <customersupport@reloadequipmentcompany.com> wrote:

We do have some deals on our website. Orders are limited to 50,000 primers as of now. This number is all types of primers added up. We do have enough stock to cover a few orders of this magnitude. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

---- On Mon, 09 Nov 2020 15:25:01 -0800 thebeardedwonder@wonderbulletsllc.com wrote ----

Thank you for your response.  How many federal small pistol primers do you have in stock? Do you give price breaks for quantity purchases? I tried calling but it went straight to voicemail. Is your Warehouse located in OKC?

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020, 4:52 PM REC Customer Support <customersupport@reloadequipmentcompany.com> wrote:

Thank you for contacting us today. All items on our website if they do not state "out of stock" are currently in stock. If you have any further questions please contact us.

14 minutes ago, The Bearded Wonder said:

I will try calling again in the morning. I am willing to do an in person purchase where I can see what I am buying and see that everything is ligit. But I don't think I'm willing to buy online.

Thank you:excl:

OLG 

I did a search using the company name. No dice. 
I did a search using only their phone number. I got nothing except a link to Lumpy’s post here. If they were legit something would have come up. 
Me thinks it’s bogus. 

I am not saying this is what it is but I did used to buy from a shotgun reloading company in Indianapolis that was ran from a family auto repair center. There was nothing on the outside of the building to indicate they had shotgun reloading supplies but once you went in and asked they took you upstairs to a big attic-like area filled with wads, powder, primers, shells, and lead shot. They seemed sketchy at first but it turned out that they just loved shotgun competition and wanted to be a source for the local community. I wish I had that resource here in AZ.

11 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The website was created on 7 November 2020.

Site sounds too good to be true to me. 

Whois Lookup & IP _ Whois.net.pdf 176.41 kB · 1 download

I think it was actually October 7th. But their cryptic low-information answers sure make it sound like a scam.

image.png.3aa99f0f1d8704d0311b194e7ad962c5.png

I thought I would order something with my CC so I was protected but when I got done I got shifted to this:

image.thumb.png.03db7ca1b518866827daa18639b176a5.png

I have never used Google Pay. Does using a debit card lessen your protection? Is it like PayPal Friends and Family so I have no recourse after I pay?

YES!!! Using a debit card lessens your protection!!  I many cases, unless you can prove the card was stolen or hacked, debit card payments are the same as using cash!!

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

YES!!! Using a debit card lessens your protection!!  I many cases, unless you can prove the card was stolen or hacked, debit card payments are the same as using cash!!

I see that. And it seems the protection lessens as time goes by. And Google Pay does accept credit cards so it seems very sketchy.

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

I am not saying this is what it is but I did used to buy from a shotgun reloading company in Indianapolis that was ran from a family auto repair center. There was nothing on the outside of the building to indicate they had shotgun reloading supplies but once you went in and asked they took you upstairs to a big attic-like area filled with wads, powder, primers, shells, and lead shot. They seemed sketchy at first but it turned out that they just loved shotgun competition and wanted to be a source for the local community. I wish I had that resource here in AZ.

Until a few years ago we had such an outlet located in the back of a bicycle shop.  The owner was a big time trap shooter.  He supplied the reloading community during the previous component shortage when no one else had supplies.  I still have some Trail Boss I bought when they closed the shop.

21 hours ago, The Bearded Wonder said:

I will try calling again in the morning. I am willing to do an in person purchase where I can see what I am buying and see that everything is ligit. But I don't think I'm willing to buy online.

Anything new?

OLG

2 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Anything new?

OLG

I think it's a scam, when I call I get that message thing, I couldn't get them to respond to my email, so I used another email address and received a response within a minute, I asked for there address so I could come by and pay cash now they are ignoring that email address.

It's a scam.

Keep your powder dry,

The Bearded Wonder

2 minutes ago, The Bearded Wonder said:

I think it's a scam, when I call I get that message thing, I couldn't get them to respond to my email, so I used another email address and received a response within a minute, I asked for there address so I could come by and pay cash now they are ignoring that email address.

It's a scam.

Keep your powder dry,

The Bearded Wonder

Sure sounds like it, TNX:excl:

OLG 

I tried to order but as stated above they claimed they required a debit card payment after the order was made. From everything found about cybersecurity that is the least secure way to pay and you have to report an issue within 48 hours otherwise you are on the hook for more and more of the scammed funds. I also tried calling and got their voice mail. I left a message that I wanted to complete my purchase but I wanted to use a CC as Google Pay allows credit cards contrary to what they claimed. 10 hours later and no call back. I would assume they could be reported to godaddy as they are the host.

I believe it is a scam with folks that almost know the English language. Any other vendor would have capitalized Veterans Day. I have received an even better offer later. My phone calls and messages have gone unanswered. For someone that is trying so hard to sell hot-selling items they refuse to communicate other than taking debit card payments.

image.png.288548a61564968e95a0562f5742a3d8.png

Archived