SASS Wire Forum

Mayhem in Corona

Ethan Cord

Today a few of us shooters that have been around awhile shot a small match at the Corona Sportsman’s Club in Corona, Ca. The match was put on by the Dulzura Desperadoes in conjunction with Maddog Mark who is the shoot chairman for CAS at the Corona Sportsman's range. It was a lot of fun and I appreciate the efforts of all involved, including Yul Lose and his excellent tri-tip lunch!

I shot on the same posse with White Lightning, Midway, Rowdy Yates and Samuel (SB) Tripp. It was the first CAS match in quite a while for some of us. The last SASS event I shot was Gunfight Behind the Jersey Lily in 2018. We weren’t always this slow, you should have have seen us 30 years ago, we were something! It was my first event shooting in the Senior category and as we started telling old stories, I realized I have been blessed to play cowboy for more than half of my life with some of the finest guys and gals God ever graced this planet with. 

It was a great day shooting with old and new friends!

I just realized my profile picture is a bit outdated. It’s been a minute since my hair was brown! 

A little cold, a little wet but a lot of fun. It was good to see you there Ethan as well as those other early SASS fellers, I saw a pair of Ruger Old Armies that I didn’t know existed until today.

Ethan, would that have been Midway from WAY BACK in the Day?  (The former history teacher?)

Samuel Tripp, boy howdy, there's a name I haven't heard in years and years. He mentored me in my first few shoots, then he stopped shooting way back in the early 90's after his dad was injured falling off a ladder. Saw him once at EOT in the mid/late 90's.

If you see him again, tell him Josh Randall (remember?) says hi, and I still have his Colt and he ain't gettin' it back for no amount of money:lol:

From left to right: Ethan Cord, Samuel Tripp, Rowdy Yates, Midway, White Lightnin'

thumbnail?appId=aolwebmail&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2.2

Mad Dog Jack, it has been awhile. Hopefully our paths will cross again.

Von Dutch, it would have been great to have you out there amigo. They have a small monthly match if you ever want to come out. i would enjoy shooting with you again. 

Griff, one in the same Midway. He used to teach history and he's still making history! Not like the old days when he shot major matches with pocket pistols or CO2 BB pistols just to try something new! I have some OWSA pins around here somewhere. Bill & Dorothy Hahn put on some great events.

Wyatt Earp, I'll pass on your regards to Sam and will text you his phone number too. Of course I remember Josh Randal. I still have our team photo and fifth place team medal from EOT '91 around here somewhere along with the second place team belt buckle from EOT '93. The difference between 1st and 2nd place was .37 seconds that year. Shining times for sure!

7 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Well a little more info would be nice......I guess you did not take any pictures....

Texas Lizard

I was to busy for pictures, 48 hungry people to feed. The ROA’s had square trigger guards.

On 11/9/2020 at 1:05 PM, Griff said:

Ethan, would that have been Midway from WAY BACK in the Day?  (The former history teacher?)

Yeah.... it's been at least a million yrs since I've seen Mark. Glad to hear that he is still about. 

Snakebite

Archived