SASS Wire Forum

Pinned threads at the top of the Wire page

Krazy Kajun

Just wondering if some of those pinned posts have run their time.  We have to scroll past a long line of pinned posts just to see new content.

Kajun

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Just wondering if some of those pinned posts have run their time.  We have to scroll past a long line of pinned posts just to see new content.

Kajun

As per your request, all "outdated" ROC clarifications have been "unpinned".

3 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

As per your request, all "outdated" ROC clarifications have been "unpinned".

You carry a lot of clout for a

Krazy Ole Kajun!

:lol:

3 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Apparently, some of the pinned ROC clarifications need to be "re-pinned" pending SHB updates.

If its for the good of the group then by all means.  Just some pinned things just seem to remain longer than their contribution to the good of the group.  My opinion and YMMV!

Kajun

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

If its for the good of the group then by all means.  Just some pinned things just seem to remain longer than their contribution to the good of the group.  My opinion and YMMV!

Kajun

My mileage varies depending on how many times a "WtC?" question comes up that can be answered by directing the inquirer to a "pinned" post here on the Wire.

(as did one regarding the RE-pinned post this AM)

;)

• 2 months later...

For anyone that uses the free Chrome/Firefox Ad Block plugin, I wrote a filter to automatically remove pinned threads from any forum board on SASS Wire.  Just add this to your Ad Block settings:

forums.sassnet.com#?#li:-abp-has(> div > h4 > span > span > i.fa-thumb-tack)

instructions:

1. Click the adblock icon in your browser

2. Click the gear icon for advanced settings

3. In the left navigation pane, click "Customize"

4. Under "manually edit your filters", click the red Edit button

5. Add the line above after the last entry in the text box

6. Click the save button

7. Refresh the forum - all pinned threads won't be shown

2 hours ago, vidette said:

For anyone that uses the free Chrome/Firefox Ad Block plugin, I wrote a filter to automatically remove pinned threads from any forum board on SASS Wire.  Just add this to your Ad Block settings:

instructions:

6. Click the save button

It works, thanks.

Kajun

3 hours ago, vidette said:

instructions:

6. Click the save button

This needs to be pinned. :ph34r:

On 11/7/2020 at 4:13 PM, Kid Rich said:

Must be winter in some parts of the country. The dead horses are showin up.

kR

PS I think all of the pinned posts are SASS related.

But where else will we learn about bad dog food and bad non-cowboy guns? :rolleyes:

While we're on the topic of tips for making thread content more compact and legible, here are some other tips I personally like:

1) On a forum board, "mark site read". Helps me ignore threads I don't need to read.

2) In account settings -> Content View Behavior -> "take me to the latest comment". When enabled, you will go straight to the latest comment in a thread when you click on the thread title from the board.

3) turn off viewing other members signature blocks in post:  in their signature block in any post they made, click the tiny gray x drop-down and select "hide all signatures" (confusingly, to re-enable this, you must go to your account settings -> Signature -> View signatures). Some people have massive signature blocks that force me to scroll a thousand times longer than I would have to if I could hide it.

11 minutes ago, vidette said:

2) In account settings -> Content View Behavior -> "take me to the latest comment". When enabled, you will go straight to the latest comment in a thread when you click on the thread title from the board.

Thanks!

I liked this feature in other forums but didn't think of it as an option to chose in my profile...

34 minutes ago, vidette said:

In account settings -> Content View Behavior -> "take me to the latest comment". When enabled, you will go straight to the latest comment in a thread when you click on the thread title from the board.

Without the change in setting, clicking on the thread title does take you to the first post.

And also without changing the setting, clicking on the blue dot next to the post takes you to the first unread post in the thread. See the blue dot next to the title?

151069343_ScreenShot2021-01-21at9_53_08AM.png.178f166b670e2f7af038eb09b3e25c51.png

Yes, clicking the blue dot does take you to the first post.  Easier to click a full title than a blue dot, no?

I think you're wrong that clicking a thread title takes you to the first post without changing the setting.  That has never been the case for me and certainly would make it nonsensical to have the setting if it wasn't needed....

56 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Without the change in setting, clicking on the thread title does take you to the first post.

Maybe that was already the default setting when you registred on the Wire.

I definitely had to change this setting now.

Other than SASS business and ROC Clarifications, pinned posts are there because many of your fellow shooters asked for them to be pinned.  

Until now, nobody else has complained.  If there are pinned posts you believe should be "unpinned" let us know, and we will take that into consideration.

Archived