SASS Wire Forum

Anyone going to Tulsa gun show?

Jack Spade

Just checking to see if anyone is going to the Tulsa gun show next weekend.  My dad and I have had tables there for 25 years, row 17A north end cap.   If you make the show stop by and say hello. 

Yes, they are still having it.  Masks mandatory, no exceptions, their words "If you can't wear a mask, stay home"

The Tulsa Gun Show is to gun enthusiasts as the Alaskan Highway is to RV'ers.

You are not complete until you have done it once. I did he first in 2019 and the second in 2018.   

There is nothing to compare it to.

21 hours ago, Jack Spade said:

Yes, they are still having it.  Masks mandatory, no exceptions, their words "If you can't wear a mask, stay home"

Damn. Maybe next year.

And I'm one of those people who won't go down a grocery aisle if I hear some snot-nosed kid cough in it.

Why can't they have a rule like "If you are sick or have been around sick people (or walked past a coughing snot-nosed kid in a grocery aisle), stay home!"

Just got word from my friend that the show may be cancelded.  Hope to find out by Thurday night since we are supposed to leave Friday morning to head that way.

2 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Just got a text confirming the show has officially been canceled for this coming weekend. Bummer

Just got the same notification from a friend who has gone every year for infinity.

This is the offical anouncement:

NOVEMBER 9 , 2020: We sincerely regret to inform you that we must cancel the show. Oklahoma's Covid-19 cases have more than quadrupled from approximately 1100 cases a day on Nov. 3 to 2000 cases on Nov. 5 to over 4,500 cases Saturday Nov. 7. Due to the dramatic increase in numbers, the Health Department now strongly recommends 25% capacity and 100% enforced mask covering. Taking into account the fairground's formula for square feet per attendee, our number of exhibitors and the square footage taken by all the tables, there is no room left for spectators. We know this is not the news you want to hear, nor is it the news we wanted to give you. We sincerely intended and hoped we could have this show, but due to the new restrictions, it is not possible. We know this has inconvenienced many of you, and we apologize for this late cancelation.
Stay healthy. We hope to see everyone April 10 & 11, 2021

Well crap!  I was planning on stocking up on some powder and primers and I had rounded up some good stuff to sell. 

Archived