SASS Wire Forum

My novels

A few months ago, I announced here that I had published my first novel on Amazon.com.   Since it is not a western, I asked if it was okay first, and I was told it was.

Anyway, I am about to release my fourth novel, and probably my fifth soon afterwards.   The titles of the first three are The Constable and the Chief Captain, The Forest The Stone and the Elvenking, and The Necromancer's Door.  You can probably tell what kind of stories they are from the titles.  At least, I hope you can.  The books are available in either paperback or on the Kindle, so get 'em the way you want them.  The fourth book, Treason in Pelcon, will be coming out soon, so this is the perfect time to make sure you've got the first three. And feel free to post a review on Amazon. It'll help me sell more copies.

Look for "The Chronicles of Analamar" and enjoy a good read by following the following link....

https://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Analamar-3-Book/dp/B08G56LR3M/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+Chronicles+of+Analamar&sr=8-1

Happy reading.

11 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Best of luck to you. Many of us think of stuff we’d like to do and don’t bother to try.

I wish all the satisfaction and success in your endeavors!

Thanks, Dan.   It's been a long journey.   I first started work on the first one in February of 1989.  Took me a year to write the first draft, and I've been working on it, an its sequels, ever since.   As things stand right now, 1-3 are published, four is soon to be released.   Five should come soon after that, but I feel it needs a little work to make it ready to go.   Six is all set, and seven...    Well, seven is still a work in progress.  It's already longer than the first book, and I think it's only about a third done.   I may have to split it up into multiple volumes, ala The Lord of the Rings.   It is shaping up to be a long and complex story.   And I started it in about March of 1990.   It's been a long journey.    I remember when I started these things for a very simple reason.   In October of 1988 the guy who was my boss's manager was talking about how well the company I was then working for was doing.   He said that things should continue that way, "Unless Dukakis gets elected and ruins the economy."  I've never forgotten that.   Two weeks later, juts before Thanksgiving, I got laid off.  In early February, bored out of my mind, I started writing.   Been at it ever since.

1 minute ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Just curious, and if you don’t wish to answer, please don’t, but what do you do professionally? 
Has it impacted or influenced your writing?

In my full time job, I am the Audio Visual technician for a defense contractor in Nashua NH.  I'm the guy who sets up the projector, mics and related stuff in the meeting rooms at the hotel or conference center where the Big Important Meeting is held.  I also take point on the various conference rooms in our building to help users, well, use them.   In fact, I have my own themesong.

To the tune of God Bless America...

I am the AV Tech

I have lots of fun

I give you microphones

And projectors

So you can show your Powerpoint to everyone

From New Hampshire

To San Diego

And Everywhere

In between

I am the AV Tech

I have lots of fun

I am the the AV tech

I have

Lots

of FUN

I made that up on the spot at an event one day when the "Facilitator" of the event told each table they had to make up a ditty about themselves to that tune.  When people complained it was too hard, I literally belted this one out on the spot.  

Does my job have an effect on my writing?  Not really, other than perhaps it affects who I am in a general kind of way.

In my part time "side job" I am the pastor of Martin's Pond Union Baptist Church in North Reading, Massachusetts.

I tend to write sermons for that one on a regular basis.

4 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

In my part time "side job" I am the pastor of Martin's Pond Union Baptist Church in North Reading, Massachusetts.

There are Baptists North of Virginia?

:lol:

1 hour ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

There’s a Baptist church in Manhattan on 57th Street.  I used to visit if I happened to be in NY on business over the weekend.  A couple of times, I noticed a couple of guys wearing Yarmulkes.  But, I’m sure it was a Baptist church.

I was working on a novel when my son passed away in 2014. Haven’t been able to write much since then. 

How does one get these published on Amazon?  I have a self-published book on my Air Force experience that I'd like to have in wider distribution.  I am currently working on a Western based on a minor historical character who  worked for the Army during the Big Horn & Yellowstone Expedition.

4 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

How does one get these published on Amazon?  I have a self-published book on my Air Force experience that I'd like to have in wider distribution.  I am currently working on a Western based on a minor historical character who  worked for the Army during the Big Horn & Yellowstone Expedition.

Go here...

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/

Sign in with your Amazon account.   There are step by step instructions.   Basically, save your book as Word file, format it correctly, and upload, follow instructions for pricing, and you are all set.

9 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I once got into an argument with someone who claimed I had no idea what it was like to be a minority.   I asserted that I do know what it is to be a minority.  I am a conservative, gun owning, pro life, Republican, born again, fundamental Baptist.   From Massachusetts.   Don't tell me I'm not a minority.

He actually conceded that I had a point.

2 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I once got into an argument with someone who claimed I had no idea what it was like to be a minority.   I asserted that I do know what it is to be a minority.  I am a conservative, gun owning, pro life, Republican, born again, fundamental Baptist.   From Massachusetts.   Don't tell me I'm not a minority.

He actually conceded that I had a point.

I bet. Consider yourself part on the remnant.

I go to a Primitive Baptist church myself. All the Southern Baptist around I know don’t get that. 
I grew up in more or less evangelical/full gospel/charismatic sort of churches.

Archived