SASS Wire Forum

Shot shell reloading.

Hoss

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Best thing I ever did was put a small cookie sheet between the press and bench. Keeps all the spilled powder and shot corralled. 

Plus - you get to eat fresh cookies while you load ........

7 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Best thing I ever did was put a small cookie sheet between the press and bench. Keeps all the spilled powder and shot corralled. 

But how do you clean your vacuum? NOTHING cleans a vacuum like and ounce or two of shot.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:41 PM, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

That 366 in the pic - came from a fellow Cowboy shooter who grew weary of trying to make it run. 

I have loaded on Bair Honey Bair, Mec 600 Jr, RCBS MiniGrand, and Mec Grabber.   All of them are trashed or sold or stored since I started using the 366s.  If one has the patience, it will be rewarded with a 366.

But if you can learn to run one without losing at least 20 shot drops, you are a faster learner than I.

Good luck, GJ

i no longer have mine , kinda a long and somewhat sad story ill not bore anyone with - if i had taken a sledge to it at least it would have been colorful - im using two older mecs that were given to me by a friend , they were his stepfathers who was a well known shotgun writer and sportsman , 

I have a cookie sheet under my Texan progressive. Mount it at a slight angle and the shot will run to one end. The nice thing about the Texan is the shell can be removed at any station, kinda like a Dillon progressive.

Archived