SASS Wire Forum

Time for a poll

Perro Del Diablo

In 2 weeks I have a hunt planned with my 16 year old son and 24 year old daughter. My son has a 308 which proved its capability on a black buck doe from 120 yards out. My daughter has a 243 that has 3 pigs by her brother her and her brother each got their first doe with it and last year she got a doe, a spike and a buck with it. I have my 257 Roberts but it hasn't proved itself yet. Should i stick with the Bob or take one of my kids guns and tell them Nananana booboo. Of course there is a very slim possibility that the person behind the rifle had a little to do with it. :lol::D:P

You and your companions are adequately armed. Now, can you put the bullet where it should be when you see an animal worth taking?

Crunch time.  :lol:

9 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

You might get that result with a high-velocity, expanding point bullet, but NOT with a .45-70.  Even with a 300gr HP at 2100 ft/sec, it wouldn't do that.

Picky-Picky details !

15 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

In 2 weeks I have a hunt planned with my 16 year old son and 24 year old daughter. My son has a 308 which proved its capability on a black buck doe from 120 yards out. My daughter has a 243 that has 3 pigs by her brother her and her brother each got their first doe with it and last year she got a doe, a spike and a buck with it. I have my 257 Roberts but it hasn't proved itself yet. Should i stick with the Bob or take one of my kids guns and tell them Nananana booboo. Of course there is a very slim possibility that the person behind the rifle had a little to do with it. :lol::D:P

I'm kinda curious 'bout that there "black buck doe" your son took with the .308....  :rolleyes:

On 11/6/2020 at 9:07 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

You and your companions are adequately armed. Now, can you put the bullet where it should be when you see an animal worth taking?

Crunch time.  :lol:

last year my daughter was 3 for 3 my son has always been on mark me usually I am

You don't say how much you have shot the .257 , even a paper targets. Any .25 caliber is good enough to take deer sized animals if the shooter does their part.  My primary caliber is .25-06 and I have killed literally several hundred deer, antelope and pigs with it. 

On 11/6/2020 at 10:20 AM, Michigan Slim said:

I wouldn't try to take Kaya's .243. I'd become a statistic if I did. 

Just because she can outshoot you, you don't get her toys, even if you are the Dad. :D

3 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Just because she can outshoot you, you don't get her toys, even if you are the Dad. :D

Had to go there again, did we!?!? ;) 

15 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

You don't say how much you have shot the .257 , even a paper targets. Any .25 caliber is good enough to take deer sized animals if the shooter does their part.  My primary caliber is .25-06 and I have killed literally several hundred deer, antelope and pigs with it. 

i keep good groups with it still wanting find good hand load as 117 gr hornady sst only commercial ammo i been able to get. I dont really like the sst. I'm not worried about acuuracy or ability this post more for fun.

12 hours ago, Ranger Dan said:

My .257 Roberts has taken much game. First rifle, given to me by my father. Great flexability with 87g HP for varmits to 120g SP for deer. You got the right gun!

This post i for fun and little humor i plan on using the Bob. Of course unless my daughter decides take it away from me.:lol:

I vote for Bob and a new pair of glasses:lol:

Archived