SASS Wire Forum

WTB Pearl grips for Cimarron Ubearti Model P

I have a matched pair of Ubertis in stainless steal that are crying out for a pair of pearlette one piece grips and have had no luck so far. Can anyone help me out here?

Slap Happy Pappy

SASS 24722

Christian for eternity

NRA for life

Howdy, Pappy,

I haven't bought from these fellers yet, but I plan to.

http://buffalobrothers.net/

They have some good looking grips.

In reference to Patton's quote, I have a SS bird's head, and I'm gonna get the grips with the fleur-de-lis.

The story will be that I took it from the hand of the owner of a New Orleans house of pleasure that no longer had a need for protection.

But you can use the story, too. Those fellers came and went all the time down in the Big Easy. 

See you in the Piney Woods,

Brazos

Rafe, you sure give me encouragement to play the game. For all you know I might be a pimp from an expensive whorehouse or maybe I am a Christian that just likes that combination. I try not to judge a man by what he carries but by the way he shoots the targets.

Brazos, thank you for the info.

Thanks Abilene, I'll check them out.. I'll be doing some checking out of the different clubs you shoot at. Kinda of looking for a club where the shooters language is not so foul. 

I have a 1906 Sears catalog that has Colt single actions with pearl grips listed as factory option. Also, the movie “Culpepper Cattle Company” has a main charter wearing one.  Patton’s big mouth got his behind in trouble quite a lot!

Just FYI, white pearlite will eventually fade to gray from sunlight (UV, I guess).   I have Ajax pearlite on some Colts and a set on a Thunderer and they are showing just a bit of the gray.  So basically, don't leave them laying in the sun :)   I recall a guy once who was getting bent out of shape because of the graying and he thought they were defective, but the vendor told him it's just their nature.

greying naturally is okay, would prefer they didn't but somethings you can't help. Not sure if there are any other colors that would look as nice as the Pearl. Any suggestions?

Archived