SASS Wire Forum

Hodgdon acquisitions

11 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Would the fact they have the Winchester brand of powders, also include manufacture of primers?  Or not?

They have made WW powders for many years now.

Have no clue who makes Winchester brand primers.

OLG 

They’ve acquired Accurate!  Maybe we’ll see some Solo 1000 soon!!

How would Hodgdon owning Winchester primer manufacturing change the current situation with primers? They make ammunition and ammunition components, not Magic Wands. 

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

How would Hodgdon owning Winchester primer manufacturing change the current situation with primers? They make ammunition and ammunition components, not Magic Wands. 

............... more the pity .....   :(

22 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

There’s a thought: a magic wand business.

22 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Pat, I want you to sit down, take a couple slow breaths. Now read what I said and say "That's funny."

8 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Pat, I want you to sit down, take a couple slow breaths. Now read what I said and say "That's funny."

I guess I am dense. I don’t get it. :)

I was making a joke...

47 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

That exchange was almost like watching two nerds trying to high five each other.

image.gif.d521bc844f669a35e46139c54a4d5f2e.gif

Nerds create that thing your trying to insult us on. :P

On the serious note, St Marks (General Dynamics) in Florida makes all the Winchester label ball powder.   I'm sure that the St Marks plant does not make primers.  But, I'd assume Win primers are not made by G.D. I believe primers are made by Olin (who owns the Winchester ammo production).

The use of Winchester trademark for powder was sold off to Hodgdon several years ago.   And they continue to have St Marks make the Winchester powder line.

Good luck, GJ

Archived