SASS Wire Forum

The China Virus hits the Cassidy house

Cyrus Cassidy #45437

My 14 year-old just tested positive.  His symptoms are very minor, much like a cold.  When he started showing symptoms late last week we moved him back to online school while waiting for the test results, which just came.

All of the Cassidies are sitting at home assuming we'll all get sick soon, and we'll be cooped up until 14 days after the last person is no longer symptomatic!

Ugh.  My kids started annoying me several days ago.  This is going to be a LOOOOONG wait!

I feel for you. We are 7 days into self quarantine. Wife tested positive but has no symptoms. Mine have been very minor so far. I am due to be tested a week from today. 

I can get tested locally and get the results in 15 minutes. In addition to the virus test they also provide an anti-body test at the same time.

Can't go back to work till I get a negative test.

This would be a good time to get out in the yard or the shop and do something good for your head or heart.

You could work on transitions or maybe get some guns in shape. If you’ve got materials and supplies, you can get all that reloading that you’ve been putting off done!

Sorry the virus found y’all.  Best wishes and prayers for a full and speedy recovery!!

11 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I had a Covid test yesterday for a procedure next week (colonoscopy). Ya know folks complain about the prep. for colonoscopies. Now it's worse Yucky poo! I didn't enjoy the Covid test!!!

Wife's was found that way. Thing is only place she has been for the 12 days prior is the hospital. So I figure she got exposed there. :angry:

Since you are isolated and may need some reading material, how about an article on that virus?  This is the best one I have seen yet, from a knowledgeable researcher:

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/sensible-compassionate-anti-covid-strategy/

Hang in there, Pard.

While your mileage may vary, my doc told me if I don't show symptoms by the second or third day, I likely wouldn't get it even though I am diabetic.   None of us other 5 got it when my 15 year old got it.  

Lord willing you will be ok

I'll pray for that.

Two of my daughters are COVID nurses... the younger and her family live with us.
She had an exposure scare, but tested twice as negative.

The swab test is akin to sticking a rake up your nose, and scratching the back side of your head with it.

Get out the DVDs, puzzles, board games etc.

I had to isolate after ministering to my brother-in-law just before he passed from C-19.

My wife, son and I kept from getting bored, (sort of) that way.

I told the Mrs. that it is probably only a matter of time before one or both of us get the virus.  She agreed  but said if I get it and give it to her she will kill me.  If I go missing, you'll know why.

I too had a colonoscopy back in June and had to get tested then.  I knew I was in for a treat when the nurse measured the test swab along side my head.  I swear she cleaned out my ears from the inside, through my nose.

I get to do it again as I'm having foot surgery next month.  Oh, the joys of getting old.

I went to a funeral today. About 50-60 people were there. there was no distancing. Only  of us had masks. I'm afraid things are going to get worse before they get better.

Cyrus, Dave, I hope all goes well. 

I went to a Halloween family event over the weekend. It seems people are getting more and more lax. Several people wanted to hug me or shake my hand. I hated being rude and declining but we have been lucky so far. I don’t plan to tempt fate because someone else doesn’t care. 

Much has been said about “getting the virus under control”, but no one has defined “control” as far as I know.

I mean, 1.4 million people died from tuberculosis in 2019; is it under control?  No one seems very concerned about TB.  1.7 million new HIV infections were diagnosed  in 2019, and about 700,000 people died from AIDS related illness.  Is HIV under control?  Yes these are worldwide figures because they are pandemics, just like COVID-19.

I hope those who successfully campaigned on the promise of “controlling Covid” will now tell us how we will know when they have fulfilled that promise.

Follow up thought:  in February/March the goal was preventing hospitals from being overwhelmed.  To my knowledge,  no hospital has rejected a patient with the coronavirus.  Perhaps we already have it under control.

6 hours ago, bgavin said:

The swab test is akin to sticking a rake up your nose, and scratching the back side of your head with it.

I had a feeding tube inserted once, by an incompetent tech, without anesthesia. ‘‘Tis a long story that shall not be elaborated upon here. 

My pre- colonoscopy COVID test came reeeaaaaly close to meriting the same swing at the tech’s nasal protuberance. He declined to cease gathering nasal matter as he saw the fingers curl and fist clench. 

The test returned negative. 

13 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Much has been said about “getting the virus under control”, but no one has defined “control” as far as I know.

I mean, 1.4 million people died from tuberculosis in 2019; is it under control?  No one seems very concerned about TB.  1.7 million new HIV infections were diagnosed  in 2019, and about 700,000 people died from AIDS related illness.  Is HIV under control?  Yes these are worldwide figures because they are pandemics, just like COVID-19.

I hope those who successfully campaigned on the promise of “controlling Covid” will now tell us how we will know when they have fulfilled that promise.

All of those pandemics are "normal" pandemics, and don't meet the narrative that the left wants. This one isn't about public health, it's political.

Archived