SASS Wire Forum

Western coat wanted

JamesW

I am looking for an good quality American made medium weight coat in the gunfighter length (around knees).  Preferably canvas but will look at others. Does anybody know of a manufacturer that they could direct me too?  

You’re describing a frock coat. There are a lot of vendors. I’ll back,out of the way while everybody chimes in. And they will? :lol:

Hamilton Dry Goods!!  SASS supporting vendor, multi-time match and stage sponsor at major events.

Check ‘em out on the interweb, call and talk to Miss Donna or Matt!!  Great folks, quality gear, and they stand behind their stuff!!

A canvas frock coat? I've always thought of a frock coat as a dress garment. Be like trying to find a suit coat or a sports jacket made of canvas. I suppose there are some out there but I've never heard of one.

I had a local seamstress make a black canvas frock coat for me when I started shooting 20 years ago. Deep red satin lining.  Lots less $ than what was available at that time.  I rarely wear it, would sell it if it fits someone else.  If you are a tall fellow with long arms I can make you a deal. That’s why I asked about size and sleeve length.    And it could be tailored to fit you without much expense.

Use a search engine with the term "oilskin duster."  I quickly found three stores in my metro area that sell these.  I bought my last one at a western wear outlet in Salem, OR.  Expect to pay around $120.

I see this is your first post so, welcome to the forum. If you are a new shooter and interested in the Scully size XXL let me know. We will make a deal you can't refuse. I am having to leave the sport after nearly 20 years and in the process of letting loose of things. Don't know if this is what you are looking for.

003.JPG

Archived