SASS Wire Forum

Revolver anomaly

Three Foot Johnson

I picked up a charcoal blue Uberti revolver recently with a low 4 digit s/n, 12xx. The ejector appears to have had a gold anodizing at one time, and the caliber designation on the barrel is filled with a gold color. Old style 4-click hammer, black powder frame. There is no importer - it's just marked "A Uberti Italy" under the barrel. Nothing too out of line so far. There is no date code, and no other markings on the frame except the two line patent date on the left side. The grips are two piece, made of a very hard, dark wood. the grip frame and rear strap are electric penciled inside "ASM", and an alignment pin has been fitted for the two piece grips. Both the grip frame and backstrap have matching numbers stamped on them. The only other markings are a proof stamp on the rear of the cylinder, and the numbers 27, 9, 10, and R stamped between the chambers.

What is this thing? When was it made?

Without the "date code" and "proof mark" it qualifies a "Frankenpistol - Origin Unknown".   The serial numbers on Italian replicants have no real relationship to when the gun was manufactured.  Number sequences often changed with different "runs".

Earlier this year I had a serious problem with my Uberti Schofield, which I believe dates back to the early 2000s. When I gave them the serial number they responded saying it wasn't in their system and probably wasn't one of theirs. I had to e-mail pictures of it to prove that yes, it was indeed one of theirs.

Ya don't really need It ,,,,, Send it to Me .... 

.38-40 The best round for use with Holy Black ...

Maybe shoot with Ya Next year IF da boarder ever opens ....

Jabez Cowboy 

13 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Definitely Italian proof marks

Gardone Definitive Smokeless proof. 

Cylinder_03.jpg

Gardone Provisional proof for all guns.

13 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

20201104_193421.jpg

I would assume, yes, but I suppose it could be somebody's initials, BUT the grip frame and back strap have matching 5 digit numbers that are different from the frames 4 digit number. The electro-penciled "ASM" is on the inside of both the grip frame and back strap.

Archived