SASS Wire Forum

Not Politically Correct?? Then you're rated "OD"!!

Patagonia Pete

These days … many "everyday" things that we are used to seeing are changing … rapidly evolving far beyond our expected range of possibilities.

The "bright side" is watching/seeing/enjoying the changes.

Sooooooooooooooo … today … I am watching a channel that only shows old cowboy shows .. AND .. eventually "Death Valley Days" (with the "old Ranger") comes on.

In the opening "rating" screen in addition to "Adult Content" … "Mild Violence" etc etc … there is an "OD" rating!!

"OD" stands for "Outdated Cultural Depiction"!!!  It is intended to warn viewers of "culturally insensitive material".

Have you seen this yet?? Is this old news??

Wow … I have to sit quietly and think about this a while … sigh … s10.gif.221a3af70dd0ade05fc4df0d84485002.gif

I watch a lot of those channels and never saw the OC rating, I’ll have to look for it now! I never really paid attention.

51 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I searched for that term and the only references I could find for it were about Disney+ using it.  Does Disney own the rights to Death Valley Days?

Shows on either the The Western Channel or Grit TV.

Also available on Dish Anywhere

yes , ive seen it , no i dont think it neccessary but then there are so many that seem to want to erase our culture and our history , why on earth should would we be surprised by that ? 

i find it "offensive" that the old thinking is being sensored , we learn from our mistakes and mistaken thinking - if we hid it , erase it , it will reoccur in a new way , , no need to act like its wrong we all know what is wrong and right unless we dont know what was wrong to start with , 

pretty soon there will be no knowledge of the past or its mistakes , it will be lost in the older folks deaths , so many things will , 

Archived