SASS Wire Forum

My first ever favorite song

Rye Miles #13621

My first ever favorite song was "Sink the Bismarck"   and "Battle of New Orleans".

I was just about 10 years old and my older brother had the Johnny Horton album with both songs on it.

..........Widder

16 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

A beautiful voice lost to an eating disorder.

My mom said that when my sister was born I wanted her name to be Cindy. 1957 the year Ricky Nelson released Cindy,Cindy.  Apparently there was a 198% increase in babies named Cindy. She was born on my birthday when I was four.  Named Vicki. Lost her to domestic violence in the 90s.

Back when Susie and I met in a Bi-centenial band in North Canton(1976), we did a Carpenters medley. It finished with a duet between me and the current first chair on "Rainy Days and Mondays". That one has stuck in my head since then. Sue and I also wore out two "Heart Like A Wheel" albums by Linda Ronstadt. She could sing harmony with Linda very well. Sue and her twin have been singing since they were three years old. Sue can also play by ear, I have to have the "dots" in front of me, just makes me jealous:rolleyes::lol::wub::blush:

13 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

This was played at Shirttails and my wedding in 1970. We celebrated our 50th anniversary at the Saturday banquet of the Wartrace Regulators on 10-10-20.

kR

PS The first song that I remember and really liked was Tennessee Waltz.

"THE GAME OF LOVE" was the first i memorized every word of , i count that my first in the coming of age time ,  it was not my first favorite if you count my childhood affinity for the davy crocket theme , battle of new orleans and some early cowboy movie themes as well as howdy doody and such , 

Can’t say it was my favorite but the first song can actually remember was Elvis’ “You Ain’t Nothing but a Hounddog”.  I recall being incredulous that it could actually be the name of a real song. I was in the first grade as I recall.

Seamus

My first ever favorite song was "Honeycomb" which was recorded by Jimmie Rodgers and reached the Billboard Top 100 in 1957 ( I was only 8 years old then and I knew all the words and could sing the song by heart). The song was written by Bob Merrill in 1954.

1 hour ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

My first ever favorite song was "Honeycomb" which was recorded by Jimmie Rodgers and reached the Billboard Top 100 in 1957 ( I was only 8 years old then and I knew all the words and could sing the song by heart). The song was written by Bob Merrill in 1954.

That was my second favorite! Love that tune!:) I was 10 

11 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

"Mule Train" by Frankie Lane!

My dad worked with Frankie Lane at Parker Hannifin Co. When his recording career took off Frankie left. My best friends mother in law dated Frankie for awhile here in Cleveland! He was from Chicago but somehow ended up here in Cleveland and worked at the PH factory.

Archived