SASS Wire Forum

"What is your favorite" anything

Alpo

This pops up, often, on this board and on just about every other one I read.

"What is your favorite" lever gun/Smith & Wesson revolver/single action/sports car/action movie star/whatever?

And the responses will answer their favorite - 73 Winchester in 32/20, or 940 9mm J frame, or a six and a half inch Old Model 41 magnum, or a Shelby Cobra, or Chuck Norris.

But long about answer number three or four people will start putting a list. Their top three, or maybe their top ten. But it seems that no one can stick to "your favorite", which would be the number one.

I wonder why this is?

I'd be kind and say it is because people have a very difficult time picking a favorite, as opposed to just not reading the question posed, but...

Howdy,

If you want a tuff choice try most beautiful girl.

Try to pick between the girls in the Bond movies.

That should take your mind off the virus.

Best

CR

54 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

If you want a tuff choice try most beautiful girl.

Try to pick between the girls in the Bond movies.

That should take your mind off the virus.

Best

CR

Alexandra Tydings from the Hercules TV series.

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

"Favorite" often depends on mood and situation.  In the "Favorite Sean Connery Movie" thread, I listed three because there is so little difference in how much I enjoy them.  It depends on my mood.

I agree. Typically, if I can't choose just one, in trying to keep with the theme, I always preface it that I can't choose just one. If the other answers are any indication, many just base their answer on the thread title!

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

This pops up, often, on this board and on just about every other one I read.

"What is your favorite" lever gun/Smith & Wesson revolver/single action/sports car/action movie star/whatever?

And the responses will answer their favorite - 73 Winchester in 32/20, or 940 9mm J frame, or a six and a half inch Old Model 41 magnum, or a Shelby Cobra, or Chuck Norris.

But long about answer number three or four people will start putting a list. Their top three, or maybe their top ten. But it seems that no one can stick to "your favorite", which would be the number one.

I wonder why this is?

Our society is cursed with affluence. It is hard to pick one thing when we can have anything.

White chocolate 

Kawasaki

Chevrolet

Heinz

Mary Ann

Ice Water

Black

In & Out

Rapala

Benchmade

Hornady One Shot

Mobil 1

Ribeye

Jif

See’s

Nacho Cheese

All Dressed

Best Foods (Hellman’s)

Lee Precision

BF Goodrich

Hornady

Ruger

Tru-Glo TFX

Glock

Chevron

Star Gate SG-1

Blondes

Snap-On

Olu Kai

Wranglers

Miata

HJC

Velocitors

RCBS

Silverado

Stuffed Peppers

Mutts

my most fabulous Girl Friend 

She was out with her sister wasting time at garage sales .. when she found me 4000 small pistol primers and 10,000 large pistol primers 

She saw that I have "clicked" on 1873 with 24" barrel a few times ... " buy the dam gun" 

1 hour ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

my most fabulous Girl Friend 

She was out with her sister wasting time at garage sales .. when she found me 4000 small pistol primers and 10,000 large pistol primers 

She saw that I have "clicked" on 1873 with 24" barrel a few times ... " buy the dam gun" 

KEEPER! :D

Dirty Dan Dawkins:  I can play that.

My favorite (to date) are Sheep Shall Safely Graze (which my boss/bestie sang at my daughter's wedding), Break Forth, O Beauteous Heaven'ly Light, or Concerto for 3 Violins & Orchestra/Continuo.  Soooooooooooooooo many choices.  My idea of Heaven is sitting under a shade tree outside JSB's conservatory window with a bunch of cats on my lap.

11 hours ago, MizPete said:

Dirty Dan Dawkins:  I can play that.

My favorite (to date) are Sheep Shall Safely Graze (which my boss/bestie sang at my daughter's wedding), Break Forth, O Beauteous Heaven'ly Light, or Concerto for 3 Violins & Orchestra/Continuo.  Soooooooooooooooo many choices.  My idea of Heaven is sitting under a shade tree outside JSB's conservatory window with a bunch of cats on my lap.

That’s a fantastic fantasy of heaven. I hope you are rewarded with that.

I have no musical talent. Mostly due to lack of commitment and sticking with it. Partly due to moderate to severe hearing loss in my left ear, moderate in my right, although that’s not too much of an excuse as my grandmother was deaf and played an old Silvertone F hole arch top guitar off of vibration. She was no expert or anything great but she did it nonetheless. 
My grandfather played electric organ and introduced us all to classical music. He'd crank it up and bang out Malagueña or some Bach piece and the bass notes could be heard a mike away. He was, again more or less a novice, nothing great but played ok. I remember the whole house would shake and the single pane windows would rattle. 

Consequently I came to particularly like Bach above all classical composers, especially his organ pieces. I like baroque music in general regardless the composer. Really fond of baroque guitar.

I don't have too many favorites.  I like lots of things.  Depends on what mood I'm in. I do have a favorite wife.  Been married to her 41 years, so she must be my favorite.  I like her so much I married her twice, just to make sure.  I have a favorite oldest daughter and a favorite youngest daughter.  I have a favorite oldest son and a favorite youngest son.  Other than that, SQUIRREL!

7 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I have no musical talent. Mostly due to lack of commitment and sticking with it.

Me, either.  But I have an ear, my Aunt Gerry discovered early.  I took two years' worth of piano lessons before the teacher figured out I couldn't read a note.  Took another five & corrected that.  But I am a very technical player - hence my love of baroque.  I love the structure and intricacy.  & the way Bach has every instrument play a melody instead of relying on continuo.  & the way Bach can be played on ANY instrument - I've heard Little Fugue in G Minor played on kazoos & it was fantastic!

You, too, have some marvelous musical memories.  Stringed instruments remain a mystery to me - you have to MAKE the correct note instead of just land on it.  I did not have an organ but understand the concept of rattling the windows.  My 1989 Baldwin upright has incredible bass.  I didn't rattle windows but I had a cat who loved to lie on top when I played Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# Minor - I'm sure it was due to vibration.

I'm so blessed that Grandson #2 has the talent Aunt Gerry looked for in me.  Boy is musical.  Just has it in his head & it has to come out.  He'd make music if he had only tissue paper & a comb.

Archived