SASS Wire Forum

Now That's Decorating!

Subdeacon Joe

https://www.kcra.com/article/father-built-his-daughter-a-50-foot-pirate-ship-for-halloween/34543324

The pirate ship after it was completed.

"I have no background in this, I just do it for fun for my kids, and that's what makes it so great," Tony DeMatteo told CNN. "It's also been a rough year for a lot of people so we decided this would be a perfect opportunity to put a smile on people's face and just give them a sense of normalcy."

The father of three said he was motivated to build the pirate ship by his children, whose faces "light up with excitement" whenever they see Halloween decorations.

A few years back, DeMatteo's now 13-year-old daughter asked for a "Pirates of the Caribbean" themed Halloween. To make her wish come true, he designed a small pirate ship. But this year's ship is twice as big.

Made from recycled metal, wood, and rope, the vessel is complete with black pirate flags and a huge skeleton hanging from the bowsprit. It's also outfitted with some impressive effects, including six cannons that light up, a fog machine and even fire blasters. DeMatteo said he also produced a soundtrack that synchronizes with the effects of the cannons and fire blasters.

Archived