SASS Wire Forum

Did we cheat? Well maybe but it was fun

Just Bill SASS# 16394

The Jefferson Regulators had their Halloween shoot two weeks ago. We created a new category only for the Halloween shoot. It was inspired by Purgatory Smith.

Last year he showed up as Sonny Crocket from the TV series Miami Vice He shot some guns not normally shot in cowboy action. He had too much fun.

So this year we created the new category Miami Vice.

We will only shoot it once a year at the Halloween Shoot

.Here is how Col. Cornelius Gilliam stated the rules:

This month is JSR's Annual Halloween Costume Shoot.  Come dressed in your favorite costume!

We also are having a special "Miami Vice" category inspired by Purgatory aka "Sonny C. Smith":
 -Must dress in Miami Vice style clothes
 -Must use firearm models used on the show
 -Ammo must still meet SASS safety standards-No jacketed bullets or rifle calibers allowed.
 -Can use pistol(s) instead of rifle to engage rifle targets instead of a rifle if desire.

And by the way, dressing COWBOY works as a costume too if you are not inclined to do otherwise.

Here is a short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdE_vO_hir8&t=21s

Sounds like the Miami Vice shoot every summer at Green Mountain Regulators.  Any guns may be used, as long as ammo lead bullets and SASS velocities.  Semi-autos use Wild Bunch rules.  We've done it 10 or 11 times, though not this year.  Great fun.  So far nobody has showed up with a Bren Ten.   This was my arsenal one year (Buckmark w/ Red Dot scope was my "rifle" ):

Miami Vice.jpg

No Bren Ten here either. We did have two Uzi. and a whole array of handguns. Yes the same rule about the ammo was in place with us also. Lead only bullets and SASS velocities only.

We all kept hitting the Good Will and Used clothing stores to fine the proper clothing. 

It was fun...

At GMR the Miami Vice clothing is "suggested" but anything goes.  Lots of Hawaiian shirts.  We get M1's and Tommy Guns.  It's funny watching some of the semi-auto guys having jams as they try to shoot lead bullet reloads that they've never shot before.

It was mentioned. The problem we had was we found shoes at the goodwill I had Patent leather alligator shoes The Col. and Colt Had leather slip on shoes. It was hard to find a pair to fit well, so socks were our only comfort. Purgatory had white shoes and no socks. We have a year to come up with better fitting clothes. Hopefully.:lol:

22 minutes ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

Sid you require pushed up sleeves on your members only jacket ? And no socks 

Rafe 

It was bad enough I had my shirt unbuttoned so much and a gold chain around my neck.

Talk about being out of my comfort zone...

5 hours ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

Plus would have to wear a wig being follicle challenged 

Interesting that you would say that. Purgatory has a shaved head. He was wearing a wig just to portray Sonny Crocket.

:o:P

Archived