SASS Wire Forum

My wife's practice target for her LTC class next week

This is how the target is scored. The course is 20 rds from 3 yards, 20 rounds from 7 yards, 10 from 15 yards. Pretty easy for any half decent pistol shot. Here's how the hits are scored. Takes 170 points to qualify.

JHC

B27-Green_scoring.png

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Nice Job!

I assume “LTC” is license to carry?

Yes.

I teach the 8 hour enhanced permit class in Tennessee.

We use a B29 target here, which is 1/3 smaller than the B27.

50 rounds total.

20 rounds at 3 yards.

20 rounds at 5 yards.

10 rounds at 7 yards.

Anything in the "oval" (COM) is 2 points.

Out of COM but in the silhouette is 1 point.

Outside of the silhouette is 0 points.

"Breaking the line" counts as the higher score area.

Passing score is 70 points (35/50 rounds COM does it).

I'm too tired right now to calculate if Texas is tougher than Tennessee, but if anyone wants to go for it, I'll check back here tomorrow. We also have a written test, 50 questions, 70% is a pass.

Also have a new permit here, concealed only (enhanced permit is a carry permit, with no legal distinction between concealed and open in Tennessee). For concealed only, a 2 hour firearms safety class, no written test, no live fire qualification. Lose reciprocity with North Dakota and Nebraska at this time.

Written test is 25 questions with a mix of T/F amd multiple choice.

Texas Range Qualification for License to Carry (LTC)

A total of 50 rounds are fired during the course of the qualification test.

A score of 70%, or 175 points of a possible 250, is required to pass.

The target used is a B-27 which is a human-shaped silhouette target measuring 45 by 24 inches.

All shooting is from the ready position, which means the gun is already in your hands and aimed in.

No holster shooting or shooting from concealed is required.

The B-27 target is 45" high by 24" wide. The inner scoring ring is approximately 18" high by 12" wide and counts 5 points. Shots within the next scoring ring count 4 points, and hits in the outer target zone count 3 points. Shots falling outside of the silhouette outline, green area, do not count.

You will not need to memorize times or round count each volley of fire the instructor will tell you what to do.

Course of Fire:

3 yard line - 20 shots:

1 shot in 2 seconds, 5 times

2 shots in 3 seconds, 5 times

5 shots in 10 seconds, once

7 yard line - 20 shots:

5 shots in 10 seconds, once

1 shot in 3 seconds, 5 times

2 shots in 4 seconds, once

3 shots in 6 seconds, once

5 shots in 15 seconds, once

If you shot all 5’s at the 3 and 7 you’d have 200 points before the 15, 25 points more than is needed to pass!

15 yard line - 10 shots:

2 shots in 6 seconds, once

3 shots in 9 seconds, once

5 shots in 15 seconds, once

22 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

I'm sitting here wondering if the ammo shortage is causing problems for LTC classes

It is.

The school I teach at offers a .22lr rental (Ruger Mark IV) for less than the current price of a box of 9mm ammo. But the rental price also had to go up due to the cost of .22lr. 500 rounds of Thunderbolt is now $79.99 plus tax, the old boxes were $11.99 or $15.99.

Back in the day (before March), the big selling point for the rental was us cleaning it after the class; now it is simply because students can't find a box of 9mm.

Good deal. Well done. 

Way back when my wife was selected to attend a 'civilian police academy'. It was simply a program to make civilians familiar with how the police train and operate. Part of it was getting to shoot a pistol. She shot a ragged hole about where the crotch would be. Seeing the officers reaction, she asked "Did I do something wrong?" He said "Oh, no honey. Your doing just fine!"

A couple years ago I took a female friend shooting. She was dealing with a bad breakup so we were hanging out to help her feel better. We started with bullseye targets, but then I put up one of those FBI targets with the cartoon image of a thug pointing a gun at you. She proceeded to shoot out the groin area. :blink:

Whoops, I just read Michigan Slim's post above. I think I see a trend. :wacko:

Archived