SASS Wire Forum

Zastava Double Barrel

Chickamauga Slim

I bought a Zastava double barrel 12 ga. from Sportsman's Warehouse the other day. I can't locate a breakdown for it. It opens hard once fired, and the internals don't look like any shotgun I've had apart before. Anyone here have any experience slicking one of these up? It was cheap & I figured it might be entertaining to see if I could get it going, but so far I am not amused!

Thanks for any advice,

Chickamauga Slim 

I bought one like you figuring it would be a fun project, not so much. The hard opening is probably because the firing pins are not retracting soon enough. I could never get it where it would open far enough to put shell in with out pushing the barrel down.   When I adjusted the cocking levers so the barrels opened enough to load. Then the firing pins didn't retract soon enough and the barrelshad to be broken over a knee to open. May be you will have better luck. I gave it away. 

Silver Rings 

I bought one of those Zastava SxS shotguns in 10 gauge.  I think it's made in Spain.  The barrels were cut to 18".  Mine is hard to open too but I drag it out and shoot black powder in it when the mood strikes me.  It's big and clunky but with 120 grains of black powder, it's quite the crowd pleaser.  

Appears to be a normal box lock so use any diagram

The Zastava M75 Shotgun was manufactured in former Yugoslavia. Production of the M75 ran from 1975 to 1991. Box lock breech lever, side-by-side double-barreled shotgun. Chamberering is 12-gauge 2-3/4" shells only. Length of pull is 14.5" from trigger face to butt plate.

Archived