SASS Wire Forum

Would this be wrong of me?

Alpo

I've been receiving texts. From Idaho. They want me to vote for this woman for senator. They say that this woman will make the best senator Idaho's ever had.

I ignored the first three, but I responded to the fourth one. They wanted to know what I thought about this woman, and I responded that I thought she was an idiot. If she's sending a text to someone in Florida, expecting him to vote for someone in Idaho, she has to be a total moron.

I got a polite response saying that they would remove me from the phone list.

Two days later I get another text about this woman. It came from a different phone number, so I presume that it's a different political action group that's trying to get this anti-gun woman into the Senate. (I asked a friend of mine in Idaho about her, and he told me she was anti-gun)

I ignored that one.

But just a few minutes ago I got two texts. They sent me the same one twice. I guess they wanted to make sure that I got it. These were from Florida.

JUST A QUICK QUESTION. WITH THE ELECTION ALMOST OVER HAVE YOU VOTED YET?

And I managed to hold down my almost overwhelming desire to respond

JUST A QUICK ANSWER. IT'S NONE OF YOUR #$&@)$&#)/+@# BUSINESS WHETHER OR NOT I HAVE VOTED.

I did not make that reply, but it was touch and go there for a minute .

Would that have been wrong of me?

Its not too late, you can send more than one response to a text and there’s no time limit.  Send it a dozen times daily over the next few days.

:)

I would wait until Wednesday evening to reply and tell them you went to the voting pole during your lunch hour and they were close.

You were going to vote for her but the poles were closed.

"Better luck next time".

..........Widder

Is the text from the Paulette Jordan campaign? She’s a typical anti gun goofus. 

Next time they text just respond with “Look, I don’t know Why she put my name on the contact list, but it’s over! She keeps badgering me. This is getting to be stalking and I don’t like it. The affair is over! Tell her that and tell her to leave me alone!”

They’ll stop bothering you. It worked for me in Sacramento once. 

;)

Not at all , invasion of privacy you can say whatever you want! I would have but then again I have very little tolerance for these political calls, texts and emails!

I do the same.  I keep getting text from black votes matter and naacp and other groups asking me to come to a rally 3 hours away and vote early by clicking the link etc and be sure and vote for biden and Harris, so each time I reply that I already voted for our president, the best president for us blacks.since Lincoln and we don't need the democratic party anymore.   I get blocked that way.  

i think a lot of the sugestions above would be great , funny how we get on a list somewhere without ever asking to be on a list , a response that puts them off would seem approptriate in this case 

Archived