SASS Wire Forum

Tusco last match of 2020!

Buckaroo Bubba

Howdy All,

Our last match of the season is fast approaching. The Josey Wales/Charity Match will be next Saturday, November 7th. Safety Meeting at 10am. We will be setting up all the stages for Josey Wales. You DO NOT have to shoot Josey Wales, you may shoot a regular match if you would like. There will be 5 shotgun targets setup on each stage. Categories will be divided up as well, example, Josey Wales Gunfighter, Josey Wales 49er, etc.

One big change for this match.... We will not be doing a Pot Luck Lunch. Due to covid, we think it would be best to let Pam control the food. Please do not bring anything to share for this match. Pam will have Breakfast and Lunch available for purchase as usual. 

We also will be observing all the other Covid arrangements like we have been dealing with this year. 

This is our Charity match. All the proceeds from this match will go the Midvale/Barnhill Shared Christmas Program. Those are the two towns that surround our range. The money will go to each town's Christmas program to help some families during the holidays. Come on out and help us make a nice donation. (Free Match certificates are not valid for this match, we want to donate as much as we can for this charity.)

Thank you! See you next Saturday!

Buckaroo Bubba

Last Match of the Season.   Oh BOOO  HISSSSS.  But, it is getting cold.  And let us not forget, Biscuits-n-Gravy-n-Bacon at "Pam's Chuckwagon!!!"  Yum Yum you betcha.  With gun smoke to boot.  Wonderousess.

Weatherman sez 60s & Sunny!

Come & join us for what looks like a spectacular Fall day!!!

--Dawg

t.jpg

11 hours ago, Dirty Dutch Brody said:

Have never been to tusco....think I will try to make it out...

You'll like it, they put on a nice shoot. Plus I'll be there, aren't you happy? :P

Please excuse my ignorance but what makes it Josey whales shoot? Whats different? Sorry for the silly question just new to all this and excited to learn.

Josey Wales The Movie.  Josey Wales in the movie carried 5 Handguns and had a single shot rifle.  For the Josey Wales matches at Tusco, normally one shoots 5 handguns.  Two are shot as pistols (of course),  Two are shot as Rifles (no lever rifle for Josey) and One is shot as the Shotgun (No shotgun for Josey).  Gobs of fun.  Need Gobs of holsters (or a little help)

Dutch:

Rifle-pistols and shotgun-pistol are staged.

I usually wear a third holster on my belt to carry one of my long-gun pistols to-and-from the stage, and carry one in each hand.

Otherwise, a posse member will carry one gun for you.

While the unofficial category was originally thought of as a gunfighter/duelist category, at our matches, we allow shooters to shoot 2-handed as well.

At our charity match, we also add categories, like senior JW, frontiersman GF JW, and the like.

JW is a hoot -- you should come play with us.

You don't have to shoot JW, you can shoot a regular category.

This is our charity match -- all the proceeds go to our "Share-A-Christmas" fund, which is given to local communities.

Cowboys have been very generous through the years.

--Dawg

tuscologo.jpg

1 hour ago, Dirty Dutch Brody said:

Please excuse my ignorance but what makes it Josey whales shoot? Whats different? Sorry for the silly question just new to all this and excited to learn.

As was said you  don’t have to shoot Josey Wales, I never do but it is kinda fun! I’ll be shooting Sr Duelist as usual. 

On 10/31/2020 at 6:43 PM, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Weatherman sez 60s & Sunny!

Come & join us for what looks like a spectacular Fall day!!!

--Dawg

t.jpg

Oh, but you know how these people lie.  What other job could one have, be wrong 50% of the time and keep their job.  

I agree with Coffinmaker, I will be happy if it in the high 40s and overjoyed if it makes it to the 50s.  Those 60s may not arrive until the afternoon.

Frontier Lone Rider

I keep trying to sign-up for that "Fun Category", but no one seems to offer that one.  So, I guess I will just have to sign-up for the "Old and Slow Category", it seems to keep growing.

Frontier Lone Rider

Archived