SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger or Iver Johnson 800??

Kansas City Munny

I recently saw information on the Iver Johnson Coach Gun and was wondering what people think of it for this game. It looks nice, but does it work? I'm currently shooting a Stoeger and TOZ-66. 

Put down your sarsaparilla and let me know what you think pardners. 

9 hours ago, Kansas City Munny said:

I recently saw information on the Iver Johnson Coach Gun and was wondering what people think of it for this game. It looks nice, but does it work? I'm currently shooting a Stoeger and TOZ-66. 

Put down your sarsaparilla and let me know what you think pardners. 

I didnt know they were making double barrels!!!! if i had i wouldnt have bought my skb!!!!

if the quality of their new sxs is anything like my iver johnson 1911, ill take 2!!!

maybe santeeklaus will bring me one for my birthmas!

https://iverjohnsonarms.com/store/c53/Side_x_Side.html

kind of even looks like a stoeger...

Doesn’t have enough triggers!

16 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

I didnt know they were making double barrels!!!! if i had i wouldnt have bought my skb!!!!

if the quality of their new sxs is anything like my iver johnson 1911, ill take 2!!!

maybe santeeklaus will bring me one for my birthmas!

https://iverjohnsonarms.com/store/c53/Side_x_Side.html

kind of even looks like a stoeger...

So if i run across an Iver Johnson, you'll swap me even for that SKB?

Iver Johnson are made in Turkey.  That's not good nor bad, just a little additional information.  Has some very nice features.  No outside hammers though, so no interest here.

• 2 weeks later...

I work at a gun shop and we recently had one of these on the shelf. SxS are not something we usually stock, however 12GA scatter guns are highly sought after here. The gun itself seemed well built. Tight fitted. The locking lug is not between the barrels. Only thing that keep me from buying it was that its a single trigger, i prefer double triggers.

Around 10 years or so ago Cimarron carried a single trigger SxS made in Turkey, had screw-in chokes.  That gun was very stiff and did not lend itself to CAS and gunsmiths didn't seem to care for them, therefore I never saw anybody shooting one and they had them on the shelves for a long time.  Those may have nothing to do with these Iver Johnsons, but I wouldn't take a chance and buy one until a CAS gunsmith pronounced it suitable.

2 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Around 10 years or so ago Cimarron carried a single trigger SxS made in Turkey, had screw-in chokes.  That gun was very stiff and did not lend itself to CAS and gunsmiths didn't seem to care for them, therefore I never saw anybody shooting one and they had them on the shelves for a long time.  Those may have nothing to do with these Iver Johnsons, but I wouldn't take a chance and buy one until a CAS gunsmith pronounced it suitable.

I just want one as a back up to my SKB...

AndI collect everything Iver Johnson... I use one of their 1911's for WB...

Archived