SASS Wire Forum

do cats ever get skunked??

Dirty Dog Doug

We where at the last BBQ before the ruff Ca winter .. the smell of skunk comes over the fence

GFs sister sez it must be some dog learning that stripped kitty dont want to play 

she has 3  cats that have can go outside but have never been skunked 

Our pit bull got skunked good when she killed one

All I know is that skunks don't like it when you back over them with a car...

Just trust me on this one...

1 minute ago, BLACKFOOT SASS #11947 said:

Cats are smart, something in their DNA.  Dogs sort of learn as they go.

Blackfoot ;)

I agree, cats are just too darn smart to go after a skunk!:)

3 minutes ago, BLACKFOOT SASS #11947 said:

Cats are smart, something in their DNA.  Dogs sort of learn as they go.

Blackfoot ;)

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I agree, cats are just too darn smart to go after a skunk!:)

Cats are like "Psst, watch this, send the dog!"

When we lived out in the country,  both of my mom’s cats came home skunked more than once.

The giant grey Tabby was a fighter! He weighed nearly 20 pounds and was never really very fat. He was responsible for the demise of groundhogs, rabbits, several large birds, a couple of raccoons, more rats and mice than you could count, and yes, three or four skunks.  He THOUGHT he was a badass ‘til he tangled with a neighbor’s coonhound!!  That incident made him a might shy of dogs!!

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

When we lived out in the country,  both of my mom’s cats came home skunked more than once.

The giant grey Tabby was a fighter! He weighed nearly 20 pounds and was never really very fat. He was responsible for the demise of groundhogs, rabbits, several large birds, a couple of raccoons, more rats and mice than you could count, and yes, three or four skunks.  He THOUGHT he was a badass ‘til he tangled with a neighbor’s coonhound!!  That incident made him a might shy of dogs!!

If that cat could tangle with a coon he was a badass!

1 minute ago, Sidekick said:

Yeah! I forgot to mention a couple of possums too!

I always used a squirt gun to make him go away or get him away from things. I saw him swim in a creek once, but he HATED water.

By the way! That cat’s name was Pyewacket!!

I had a dog that absolutely loved skunks , and I think he loved the smell, never seemed to miss a opportunity to get one . 
I was letting him back in one morning, we have a door that goes from the kitchen to the back porch so I left the kitchen door open and the back porch door when I was calling him in . When he went running by I thought something didn’t smell right . About a second later I heard a blood curdling scream . It was my wife . About a second later the dog went running by me back outside shortly followed by my wife with the linens off the bed . 
After that day I learned to trap the dog on the back porch for a inspection before allowing him in the house 

5 hours ago, Sidekick said:

When I lived at home we had a male Siamese who thought he was King of the Rock. He actually tangled with a racoon one day, and fortunately my mom was able to separate them and get him inside before the racoon got really pissed.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:45 AM, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Cats are evil. Skunks stay away from them. :-P

Evil does not begin to describe cats. Filthy, destructive and mean. 

Oh, and they are not smart. Any dumber and they would be chickens.

1 minute ago, Whiskey Business said:

Evil does not begin to describe cats. Filthy, destructive and mean. 

Oh, and they are not smart. Any dumber and they would be chickens.

YEAH!!!  Too bad I can’t put a laugh AND a thank you on the same post!!! :lol:

On 10/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

One of my dad's favorite tales about growing up was when his brother had this big ole tomcat, and a neighbor had a big mean dog. My uncle finally got tired of the neighbor shooting is mouth off about what his dog would do to the cat, so they took them out in the pasture and turned 'em loose on each other. Dad said he was at the house and heard YIPE YIPE YIPE!!!!! and the dog came running thru the yard with the tomcat riding him like a jockey.

JHC:P

10 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

One of my dad's favorite tales about growing up was when his brother had this big ole tomcat, and a neighbor had a big mean dog. My uncle finally got tired of the neighbor shooting is mouth off about what his dog would do to the cat, so they took them out in the pasture and turned 'em loose on each other. Dad said he was at the house and heard YIPE YIPE YIPE!!!!! and the dog came running thru the yard with the tomcat riding him like a jockey.

JHC:P

YEP!!  Saw ol' Pyewacket do that to a couple of neighbor's dogs.  I guess he figured that ol' coon hound was another easy target.  He jumped up on the hound's back and started biting and clawing.  That dog rolled over once and the next thing we saw was Pyewacket whipping back and forth in the dogs jaws like he was shakin' a rag and then the cat went flying over a low fence!!  He shook his head for a minute or two and then slunk off to the barn.  He wasn't too spritely for the next few days and he avoided any big dog from then on!!

Yes they do !! guy at the sporting clays range had the worst skunk story

Skunk comes in his cat door to eat some cat food .. he is not sure if it was the firsst time 

His WIFE's cat dont like any one eaten his food and attacks ...

the skunk sprayed INSIDE  his house 

he said the smell only lasted 2 month 

Archived