SASS Wire Forum

Cimmeron 45 lc Evil Roy revolver

Raven Law Dog

I  have a Cimmeron/ Uberti  45lc Evil Roy revolver. Unfortunately it is equiped with Uberti's new floating firing pen safety hammer. It is tuned and I love the revolver, but it has that hammer with only 3 clicks and not needed for CAS. Can anyone tell me if it can be equipped  with the old hammer system with the 4 clicks?

Yes.  Taylor's And Company now have a kit to change out the hammer and trigger. 

https://taylorsfirearms.com/catalog/product/view/id/12766/s/old-style-parts-kit-for-uberti-retractable-firing-pin-revolvers/category/464/

But if it works, don't fix it. Many don't have a problem with the new system.

28 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

https://taylorsfirearms.com/catalog/product/view/id/12766/s/old-style-parts-kit-for-uberti-retractable-firing-pin-revolvers/category/464/

I'll respectfully disagree, I'd replace that safety crap as fast as humanly possible; glad to see someone offer a kit for that.

2 hours ago, Raven Law Dog said:

It is tuned and I love the revolver, but

Kind of like throwing good money after bad.  Pay for a tuned revolver then buy new parts to put in it.  About all you got for the price of the tune up is a set of light springs.  

I've only fired a thousand or so rounds through mine with no mishaps.

In a match I'm too confused counting how many shots per target, whether I've shot 4 or 5 shots with the revolver, etc, to worry about counting the clicks as I thumb-cock the hammer.

M y second gun is a Pietta with the 4 clicks. At the loading/ unloading table I either pull one hammer too far back or not far enough which is a little annoying, but I've always preached, if it aint broke, don't fix it. You guys reminded me that I should probably take my on advice. Thanks for the kick in the pants! Both are tuned and slick and a joy to shoot, both shoot better than me! Happy trails and thanks! 

5 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

I have one as a backup, gave it to my son. It hasn’t failed yet after about 300 rounds. So far so good!

Just so y'all know, Longhunter sells the Taylor kit as well.

I bought the hammer and trigger for my one Cimarron not so much because I thought it was weaker, but because I wanted it to be the same as my older one that I was used to. 

It took very little fitting to be smooth.

32 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

That’s weird , I saw a post on Face Book from Evil Roy himself saying the evil Roy models were suppose to remain traditional without the new safety. Guess they misinformed him 

Cimarron carries two models of the Evil Roy.  One is the standard Pre-War frame which has gone to the new safety.  They also have Evil Roys with the Black Powder frame, and those have the standard 4-click action.

Archived