SASS Wire Forum

Bucket List

Utah Bob #35998

Many years ago, I had a bucket list.

I kept tripping over it.

Finally I kicked it down the road and over the edge in to the canyon.

The next day, I realized the stress I was feeling for a long time was gone.

Now I just do what I want, when I want.  ;^)

I don't either.  I have done so much more than I was destined for & feel totally blessed.  I would like to return to Ireland once more before I die.

I want to become an astronaut and command the ISS. Twice.

If I can't do that, I ain't goin' 

That's something I've never understood.

Not that there are things you would like to do before you die. I've got things I would like to do. I would like to see the Grand Canyon. I would like to see Mount Rushmore.

But I don't have a "bucket list".

I also don't have a "man cave". In various houses I have had a den, an office, and a reloading room. But a "man cave"? What 3-year-old came up with that term?

I need a mop bucket with wringer for the shop.

I need a new 2gal bucket to replace the tip bucket for the band.

I could use a couple of good galvanized steel or extra heavy plastic 5gal buckets for sorting and collecting parts around the shop.

I also need a good bucket with a pour spout for refilling cooling systems.

OH!!  A good, large capacity ice bucket for those hot summer days around the place!!

Bob's been around a while.  In his case, he's probably done gone and done it all.  ^_^

I do. I look at it on occasion to remember to live and forget about all the BS that is going on in the world. 

I have things on it like:

- 4 corners motorcycle tour of the USA

- Take (wife) on a cruise

- Go to Texas and watch the eclipse in 2024

- See SpaceX’s Star Ship launch

- Go to EOT again, now that it’s moving

- Go to the Smithsonian for at least two weeks

- Marry my wife again in a surprise ceremony (don’t tell her about this ;))

- Get the hell out of California 

- 3 month tour of the USA in an RV (my wife and I decided that’s long enough. Any more we’d be detrimental to our relationship)

Stuff like that. 

"I also don't have a "man cave". In various houses I have had a den, an office, and a reloading room. But a "man cave"? What 3-year-old came up with that term?"

------------------------------------------

Her name was "Karen."

And she was jealous.  <g>

1 hour ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I find Lowe’s blue more soothing than Home Depot orange

I really don't care about the color, but don't need 5 gallons. 3 would be be fine; have several bags of ice melt salt in bags that are failing.

I plan to store them in my Man Cave when I build it (hopefully soon) with a gun room, reloading bench, car lift for a couple hotrods I want to build, a kitchenette, big-screen TV, someplace I can outfit an RV for a cross-country tour, and some other projects.

But really could use a few 3 gallon buckets. Maybe in the paint department?

I did, got to do all but one.

#1 Go West. Spent the entire month of June 2019 up through Nebraska seeing things, then into Wyoming, Ft. Laramie, a few other places then 3 days at Grand Tetons. Then followed the Snake river to the Columbia then to the Pacific. Up through Washington, Montana and back through Yellowstone. Across over to Cody and the Museum there, bounced around and over to Mt. Rushmore. Back down and to home

#2 Ride a single prop Alaskan Airplane over Truman Lake, over my house, over Lake of the Ozarks and land back down on the grass landing field in Lincoln, Mo.

#3 Fish with a professional fisherman and what a trip that was

The one I didn't get to do was jump out of a perfectly running airplane and parachute back to earth. That's OK

Now all I am waiting for is to just kick the bucket. And that's OK also, I'm good.

Whether you have a bucket list or not, the Medicine Wheel in Wyoming should be on your list of destinations.

It is something to be seen and experienced, beyond your imagination!

1 hour ago, John Kloehr said:

But really could use a few 3 gallon buckets. Maybe in the paint department

Hit up a donut shop or a bakery. They get shortening and sugar and things like that in in 5 gallon and 3 gallon buckets.

ive not started one , i realize im late to that party but never thought much about not being here , ill give it some thought - cant think of anything off the top of my head just yet , i can think of a lot of things ill NOT add to the list and at least one i might that aint never happening again , 

gettin old aint for sisys and youth is wasted on the young 

So let’s say you have a list. And you get it all checked off.

Then what?

Start another?
Go into a deep depression? 
Late down like Old Lodge Skins and wait to die?

Meh!

42 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

So let’s say you have a list. And you get it all checked off.

Then what?

Start another?
Go into a deep depression? 
Late down like Old Lodge Skins and wait to die?

Meh!

Make a new one. Or just be grumpy and die. There are choices...

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Whether you have a bucket list or not, the Medicine Wheel in Wyoming should be on your list of destinations.

Been there clear back when I was a Boy Scout.  hat and the Jim Bridger six day trip through the mountains.  Heck, I couldn't even drive that far these days.

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Never heard of it. What’s the attraction?

When I was young I had goals, back then no one had ever heard of a bucket list cause the movie had not been made yet. 

Some of mine were to graduate from college, get a good job, meet the love of my life, have kids and make enough money that I could live well. Accomplished all of them. Now the last thing is to enjoy retirement. 20  years into that one! I think I have lived well.................

The pandemic has messed with my bucket list.  There is more traveling I want to do.  Not just overseas, but here in the US.  I haven’t seen the Grand Canyon, yet.  And, I want to see Monument Valley.

Seems silly to say . I want to do this "before I die".

Well, I figgered you wouldn't be able to do it after you die. :lol:

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Seems silly to say . I want to do this "before I die".

Well, I figgered you wouldn't be able to do it after you die. :lol:

:lol: Good point! :D

Archived