SASS Wire Forum

Iconic Movie Guns and scenes, Part II!!!

Well, thanks to your input, we had such a great response that we couldn't get to all of the calls, or even our favorites, on last week's show.  So, we're doing a PART II, this Sunday morning, 11/1/20, to try to catch up!

Topic: Movie Guns; which are the most iconic firearms and scenes involving them, in Hollywood History? Tune in; listen in, or call in!

The Gunslinger Hour Radio Show on KABC-AM 790 TalkRadio and/or iHeartRadio AND WATCH IT LIVE ON FACEBOOK  on the
The Gunslinger Hour Radio Show Facebook page, at 7:00am PST.

Feel free to call in and tell us your thoughts and post your questions and shout outs in the comments on the live Facebook feed.
(800) 222-5222.  https://gunslingerradio.com/

And don't forget our new YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QrKt1Jxxn4

Cheers,
Longbow

Epic Guns 2 Screenshot (134).png

I forgot about The Mummy, there is a plethora of cool guns in the first two Mummy movies, 97's, Webley's, Colts, Mausers, 1911's, 1887 Win, machine guns, many misc. others, some that were fabricated from modern guns. It appeared they made a point to show close ups of many of the guns.

Sorry Barney. You have been misinformed.

Arnold used three shotguns as The Terminator. One with a regular lever, one with a big loop lever so he could flip it, and a rubber one for the action scenes.

Here they are. Left to right, regular, rubber, big loop.

ShotgunsT2props.jpg.567dff1a498e147b7f9f77ea89966988.jpg

As you can see, the two real ones have had the trigger guard cut away so he can get his big fat finger in there easier.

This is a scene of Rick shooting his sawed-off 87.

TMR_Winchester.thumb.jpg.6c24e223d4538cfd3f087f9d3f3ba83f.jpg

If you blow the picture up, and lighten it a little bit, you can see that his shotgun has a trigger guard.

Here is a picture of sweet thing shooting it, and it is even easier to see the trigger guard against her lily white hand.

RTM-RW-WM1887.thumb.jpg.1738e1fa4778a72ae73c3848730f5098.jpg

How about Napoleon Solo's Walther from The Man From U.N.C.L.E.?

5 hours ago, Frederick Jackson Turner said:

Well, thanks to your input, we had such a great response that we couldn't get to all of the calls, or even our favorites, on last week's show.  So, we're doing a PART II, this Sunday morning, 11/1/20, to try to catch up!

Topic: Movie Guns; which are the most iconic firearms and scenes involving them, in Hollywood History? Tune in; listen in, or call in!

The Gunslinger Hour Radio Show on KABC-AM 790 TalkRadio and/or iHeartRadio AND WATCH IT LIVE ON FACEBOOK  on the
The Gunslinger Hour Radio Show Facebook page, at 7:00am PST.

Feel free to call in and tell us your thoughts and post your questions and shout outs in the comments on the live Facebook feed.
(800) 222-5222.  https://gunslingerradio.com/

....... thank you   :wub:

50 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:
There you go.  Ilya's pistol.

Man from U.N.C.L.E. Gun -The Firearm Blog

That's right! It was Ilya's!

I noted the Winchester '73 in your last post, but I failed to tell about my favorite part. That was the scene about the shoot off between Jimmy Stewart and the evil brother. Bad brother says he didn't shoot through the hole in a necklace piece and Jimmy does it again after a postage stamp is stuck over the hole. Wyatt Earp eyeballs the hole in the stamp and declares Jimmy the winner of the 1 in 1000 Winchester. Makes me want to watch it again.

24 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

That's right! It was Ilya's!

If one can believe wiki, they both had one.

Which would explain why that one had a K on it. If it's the only one, there's no need to personalize it. If there are two you need to mark them S and K to tell them apart.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_from_U.N.C.L.E._gun

30 minutes ago, Go West said:

I noted the Winchester '73 in your last post, but I failed to tell about my favorite part. That was the scene about the shoot off between Jimmy Stewart and the evil brother. Bad brother says he didn't shoot through the hole in a necklace piece and Jimmy does it again after a postage stamp is stuck over the hole. Wyatt Earp eyeballs the hole in the stamp and declares Jimmy the winner of the 1 in 1000 Winchester. Makes me want to watch it again.

The movie was on last night on Turner.  Always worth watching.

25 minutes ago, Go West said:

Jimmy does it again after a postage stamp is stuck over the hole

I like that scene better in SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF.

They are in the general store, arguing over Jim Garner's qualifications for sheriff, and he walks over to the hardware bin. He picks up a washer with about a half inch hole, tosses it up in the air, draws his gun, shoots, holsters his gun and catches the washer.

He explains that that was just a display of marksmanship. Mayor Harry Morgan says he did not appear to have hit the washer. He said he shot through the hole.

Harry puts a piece of tape over the hole and asked if he would mind trying that again. Jim said that he had already shot one hole in the roof, and Harry said not to worry about that.

So he flips it up in the air, draws his gun, shoots, holsters the gun, and catches the washer, which he hands to Harry, who then stares with astonishment at the bullet hole through the tape.

10 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I like that scene better in SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF.

They are in the general store, arguing over Jim Garner's qualifications for sheriff, and he walks over to the hardware bin. He picks up a washer with about a half inch hole, tosses it up in the air, draws his gun, shoots, holsters his gun and catches the washer.

He explains that that was just a display of marksmanship. Mayor Harry Morgan says he did not appear to have hit the washer. He said he shot through the hole.

Harry puts a piece of tape over the hole and asked if he would mind trying that again. Jim said that he had already shot one hole in the roof, and Harry said not to worry about that.

So he flips it up in the air, draws his gun, shoots, holsters the gun, and catches the washer, which he hands to Harry, who then stares with astonishment at the bullet hole through the tape.

And then Harry Morgan says "I hope you didn't take any offense..." What a great scene!

I am quite partial to a scene from "Trinity is still my name"........ (Terence Hill & Bud Spencer)..

..... where the professional gambler and our hero have a meeting of the face with hand and revolver

...... "so you think it's gonna end here?"

...... "yeah, I think so"

:wub:

On 10/29/2020 at 1:40 PM, Assassin said:

I forgot about The Mummy, there is a plethora of cool guns in the first two Mummy movies, 97's, Webley's, Colts, Mausers, 1911's, 1887 Win, machine guns, many misc. others, some that were fabricated from modern guns. It appeared they made a point to show close ups of many of the guns.

The Mummy is one of the few movies I know of which features not only one but two 1873 11mm French Ordnance Revolvers.  I have one and they are real boat anchors, heavy but firing a puny cartridge packed with all of 11 grains of black powder.  The cases can be made from a cut down .44 Russian, that’s how short they are. 

Seamus

AB2BBF2F-400A-47AA-9770-FB7295FB9B04.jpeg

2 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

The Mummy is one of the few movies I know of which features not only one but two 1873 11mm French Ordnance Revolvers.  I have one and they are real boat anchors, heavy but firing a puny cartridge packed with all of 11 grains of black powder.  The cases can be made from a cut down .44 Russian, that’s how short they are. 

Seamus

But they looked and sounded so powerful in the movie!  ^_^

2 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Seamus

Wow.  Recognized the revolvers, but did NOT know about the puny load.ss :-o

FJT

18 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

ummmmmm, ..... where does we finds the podcast thingy ???   :blink:

........................... it's already friday evening here 

Hopefully, this will tide you over...

https://www.kabc.com/the-gunslinger-hour/

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

FJT