SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2021

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

You classics want to get together for dinner Friday night?

I'll join ya. I always look forward to eating there. Love the burgers. We go there after Range work days. If yore looking for a ice cream treat while in town I can recommend https://www.outside-scoop.com .

44 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

6:30pm for the dinner Friday night sound good to you fellas?

That should work, all side matches are supposed to end by 4:00

29 minutes ago, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

Yes you bet! I got hungary reading that menu!

Me too, I almost posted the same thing after reading the menu!!

Well it looks like there is going to be some serious competition at that Classic Cowboy Showdown. Looking forward to it.  Will put the Classic Cowboy dinner on my calendar.

Wish I could join you guys, but have some important life circumstances controlling my April and May

4 hours ago, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

Well it looks like there is going to be some serious competition at that Classic Cowboy Showdown. Looking forward to it.  Will put the Classic Cowboy dinner on my calendar.

Yep shaping up to be a good time!

Current list... If something is not correct let me know.

Who's Coming List

The Verdigris Kid (KS)

Major Art Tillery (KS)

Pony Soldier (OK)

Cowtown Scout (TX) *BP*

High Plains Hud (KS)

Chili Pepper Kid (IA)

Pit Mule (IA)

Dantankerous (KS) ?

Dragon Hill Dave (TX) ?

Three Shot Shamrock

Boss Shamrock

Asa Smith (KS)

Mo No Name *BP* 

It is with deep regret that I must announce that due to an unfortunate accident I will be laid up following surgery next week to repair my shattered ankle. So I will have to withdraw and hope to be recovered enough to shoot in the 2022 CCS.

9 hours ago, The Verdigris Kid said:

It is with deep regret that I must announce that due to an unfortunate accident I will be laid up following surgery next week to repair my shattered ankle. So I will have to withdraw and hope to be recovered enough to shoot in the 2022 CCS.

On 3/25/2021 at 11:47 PM, The Verdigris Kid said:

Prayers for you!

On 3/25/2021 at 11:47 PM, The Verdigris Kid said:

That is sad to hear pard!  We will have to continue our 1860 Henry Battle another time...  Till then you heal up and we will catch you on down the trail.

• 2 weeks later...

Verdigris Kid...prayers up for a good outcome from the surgery and a quick and complete recovery 

OMG

Just in case you did not see this thread Prayer Posse for me please - SASS Wire Saloon - SASS Wire Forum (sassnet.com)

I was in the hospital for 3 days last week.  Monday/Tuesday had a TIA (mini-stroke).  Moving slow and taking it easy.  The Showdown is 7 weeks away so I am hoping by then to be back up and running full strength.  For sure need to be by time for EOT and that trip.

Scout

4 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Just in case you did not see this thread Prayer Posse for me please - SASS Wire Saloon - SASS Wire Forum (sassnet.com)

I was in the hospital for 3 days last week.  Monday/Tuesday had a TIA (mini-stroke).  Moving slow and taking it easy.  The Showdown is 7 weeks away so I am hoping by then to be back up and running full strength.  For sure need to be by time for EOT and that trip.

Scout

I missed that post!! Dang pard... Sorry to hear this!

22 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I’ve got back surgery scheduled for 4/29 so I have to skip shooting for a few months. Be there next year. Have fun!

Sorry you will not be able to attend.  Wish you the best with your surgery and recovery.

On 4/5/2021 at 5:48 PM, Bulldog Brown said:

Major: We are coming sent entry in Fri.  Looking forward to shooting there again, good group of Cowboys.

Looking forward to seeing ya Uncle Bulldog!  It has been too long.

1 hour ago, Cactus Clark said:

Sunday Bump for Major Art Tiller and the rest of the Classic Cowboys.  Don't miss this sure to be amazing shoot.

Thanks for the bump to the top.

I am really looking forward to the event, and shooting with you folks!

Archived