SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2021

Major Art Tillery

On 1/30/2021 at 6:59 AM, Major Art Tillery said:

Anybody making plans for this shooting season?  Make sure you attend the Classic Cowboy Showdown!  It will be a hoot!

Already signed up... Have Henry will travel! LOL With the ammo situation I may be shooting my 1860 Armys for handguns.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, The Verdigris Kid said:

Already signed up... Have Henry will travel! LOL With the ammo situation I may be shooting my 1860 Armys for handguns.

Sounds like a good time!!  Bringing my Henry as well... Not sure if I want to shoot it the whole match or not... Hmmm

Be good to shoot with you again

Just now, Major Art Tillery said:

Sounds like a good time!!  Bringing my Henry as well... Not sure if I want to shoot it the whole match or not... Hmmm

Be good to shoot with you again

You could always have a special Henry side match again. ;) :P :D

Just now, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

You could always have a special Henry side match again. ;) :P :D

Oh we will...:D

I think Pit Mule has gotten us a stage for our own side matches, like we did in 2020.

I think that works out pretty good for the Classics!

41 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Got a " Who's Coming List" started... It is at the bottom of the original (1st) post.

Cowtown... You going to make the trip?

It is on my calendar, will make that call when it gets a little closer.  You going to have a blackpower sub category again?

1 hour ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

It is on my calendar, will make that call when it gets a little closer.  You going to have a blackpower sub category again?

Yes we sure are... Had a fella put up a buckle again for it.

I hope you can make it.

WOW...A great Buckle donated by Pony Soldier!    This buckle is for the top Classic Cowboy shooter at this year's Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown!

PSX_20210202_220608.jpg.f2cf9f2b092c4b02fbe0a44b7a924a6a.jpg

Check out this Buckle!   Donated by 3 Shot Shamrock.   This buckle is for the top Black Powder Classic Cowboy shooter at this year's Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown!

PSX_20210202_220646.jpg.c385c1dc706900011c2c4f285f1e21aa.jpg

Thank you for your help and support fellas!!  I love the fact so many classics have jumped in on this idea of mine, and helped build it into something we can all be proud of!  "The Legacy Thrives"... May it continue for years to come.

Yesterday I got my vacation days approved for this match as well as the Arkansas State match that I recieved a free entry as a prize at last years Classic Showdown.  Today I mailed my entries for both!!!  For this match I added Black Powder next to the box asking about entering the Classic Showdown.  Then above Classic Cowboy I added Silver Senior just in case there are enough others who do the same and make that sub class or maybe even Senior.  SO add me to the list of who is coming and put me down for BP. :D  :ph34r:

ps: I plan to arrive a day early so I can go visit the nearby John Wayne Museum and Birth Place.  B)

On 2/10/2021 at 7:27 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Yesterday I got my vacation days approved for this match as well as the Arkansas State match that I recieved a free entry as a prize at last years Classic Showdown.  Today I mailed my entries for both!!!  For this match I added Black Powder next to the box asking about entering the Classic Showdown.  Then above Classic Cowboy I added Silver Senior just in case there are enough others who do the same and make that sub class or maybe even Senior.  SO add me to the list of who is coming and put me down for BP. :D  :ph34r:

ps: I plan to arrive a day early so I can go visit the nearby John Wayne Museum and Birth Place.  B)

Great to hear!! Look forward to seeing ya!

22 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Would Love to go ,,,, But it looks like the boarder is to remain closed ..... So not this Year ...

Jabez Cowboy 

Hopefully you can make the trip one of these years!   Would be great to shoot with ya.

Thanks, Major Arty Tillery 

Or perhaps you will get a chance to join the Wagon train, covering The 3 western Provinces . With 2 Provincial ( think State ) championships and the SASS Canadian Nationals ... And Maybe A western Canadian Regional all strung together ...

Jabez Cowboy

11 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Thanks, Major Arty Tillery 

Or perhaps you will get a chance to join the Wagon train, covering The 3 western Provinces . With 2 Provincial ( think State ) championships and the SASS Canadian Nationals ... And Maybe A western Canadian Regional all strung together ...

Jabez Cowboy

Now that would be a fun time!

Made my room reservations for Arkansas State yesterday and for this Showdown today.  I made the cut for EOT in Indiana and planning to shoot with the Illowa Irregulars in Illinois the Sunday before EOT.  So this year I will be shooting in Arkansas, Iowa, Illinois and Indiana!  I have shot in Arkansas before but not the other 3 states.  More states to check off my list!!!

Scout

Scout:

Congrats on making the EOT list!  I'm glad to see that you are planning to shoot with us the Sunday before EOT begins.  In case you haven't come across it, the link below is to the official Irregulars website - all the information you might need.

https://illowairregulars.com

Count Sandor

TG, Illowa Irregulars

Just now, Count Sandor, SASS #74075 said:

Scout:

Congrats on making the EOT list!  I'm glad to see that you are planning to shoot with us the Sunday before EOT begins.  In case you haven't come across it, the link below is to the official Irregulars website - all the information you might need.

https://illowairregulars.com

Count Sandor

TG, Illowa Irregulars

Thanks Count, yes I have looked all through your web site and watched a lot of the videos.  Looking forward to my visit there.  Just have to plan my trip to see how far I think I can get the first day.  Need to get close to your range so I dont have too long a drive that morning.

21 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Made my room reservations for Arkansas State yesterday and for this Showdown today.  I made the cut for EOT in Indiana and planning to shoot with the Illowa Irregulars in Illinois the Sunday before EOT.  So this year I will be shooting in Arkansas, Iowa, Illinois and Indiana!  I have shot in Arkansas before but not the other 3 states.  More states to check off my list!!!

Scout

Dang!  You are knocking alot of states off your list this year!   Good for you pard! Shoot well!  We will see you in Iowa!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 11:10 AM, Cactus Clark said:

Hey all you Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls, please get this event on your calendars along with the Iowa State shoot.  This is going to be a great couple days of shooting for all.

Thanks,

Cactus Clark

Looking forward to attending this match!

On 2/20/2021 at 10:13 AM, Major Art Tillery said:

Dang!  You are knocking alot of states off your list this year!   Good for you pard! Shoot well!  We will see you in Iowa!

Got approval of my vacation days for the EOT trip yesterday and I made my room reservations this last weekend.  :D

Then I saw the posting for Prince of Pistoleers and am now trying to figure out if I am brave enough to ask off for it only 1-1/2 weeks after the Classic Challenge and one week before I stay there on my way to EOT.  hummmmmm :rolleyes:  :ph34r:

On 2/10/2021 at 7:27 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Do you want some company going to the John Wayne museum? I could guide ya. I take it your going Thursday?

14 hours ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

Do you want some company going to the John Wayne museum? I could guide ya. I take it your going Thursday?

That would be Great!  I will be driving up on Wednesday and planned to visit the museum and birthplace on Thursday.  I was hoping some others might want to join in.  Will send you a PM so we can talk off line of the forum.

Would you please tell me the shooting schedule. Is Friday warm up and side matches? Main match Saturday, Sunday? Please let me know. It would work if that is the case. I need Friday and Monday to drive. Looks like 10-12 hours. 
Thanks 
Lodan B Fast

4 hours ago, Lodan B. Fast said:

Would you please tell me the shooting schedule. Is Friday warm up and side matches? Main match Saturday, Sunday? Please let me know. It would work if that is the case. I need Friday and Monday to drive. Looks like 10-12 hours. 
Thanks 
Lodan B Fast

Lodan are shooting classic!!!? 

I believe wild bunch and side matches are Friday.   Saturday and Sunday are main match.

5 hours ago, Lodan B. Fast said:

Thanks 
Lodan B Fast

Here is a link to the schedule they have posted on their web site 2021 State Shoot Schedule.pdf - Google Drive

Looking forward to a great Classic Cowboy Showdown. Each registered CCB/G will get a nice commeorative lapel pin. See you there.......

IMG_1697.jpg.ffe83540e807d703e02cf146f1adf9f6.jpg

2 hours ago, Pit Mule said:

Looking forward to a great Classic Cowboy Showdown. Each registered CCB/G will get a nice commeorative lapel pin. See you there.......

IMG_1697.jpg.ffe83540e807d703e02cf146f1adf9f6.jpg

Pit Mule.... They came out great!!!   Thanks for your help pard!!

Archived