SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2021

Major Art Tillery

Classic Cowboy Showdown 2020 is a now a thing of the past...  BRING ON 2021

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2021

I am once again throwing down a challenge to all you Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls across this great country! DO YOU ACCEPT?  OR ARE YA YELLA?

The Showdown for 2021 will be held with the...

THE FORT DES MOINES RANGERS

Iowa State Championship

May 28 - 30, 2021

http://www.fortdesmoinesrangers.com/home.html

~~Range located at~~

Central Iowa Shooting Sports

19444 Highway 65

Indianola, IA 50125

The Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown is an idea I came up with in 2017, to drum up the numbers of classics I get to shoot with. Because nothing is greater then getting a group of like minded pards together to shoot the big guns and wear all that gear to the shooting line.  Greatest category I have ever shot!  Now let me tell ya this little challenge has really taken off, the past two year we have had over 20 classic taking place in the CC Showdown!! 

Like in years past I will once again be putting up a Custom Buckle for the top shooting CLASSIC!  In years past I have had some great folks step up and offer up awards as well.... this past year we had a buckle for the TOP BP Classic, a couple of excellent Conchos, Top Ten Plaques, bottle of Black Powder Whiskey, and custom loading Strip.  Ya just never know what we will come op with for 2021!!

This will be the 5th year of putting on the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown, and I am really hoping for an excellent turn out. The Classic Category in my mind is one the best categories in SASS!  To shoot the category you have to be willing to not only dress the part but, but also shoot the bigger caliber guns!  So I urge you take on this Challenge and sign up for the 2021 Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown, and come hang out with the greatest bunch of folks in SASS!

ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH?

Please help spread the word and keep checking back as many things will be added to this post.

If you have any suggestions or would like to help out please feel free to contact me:  majorarttillery@gmail.com

Plan to attend, Let me know and I will start a who's coming list!

Who's Coming List

The Verdigris Kid (KS)

Major Art Tillery (KS)

Pony Soldier (OK)

Cowtown Scout (TX) *BP*

High Plains Hud (KS)

Chili Pepper Kid (IA)

Pit Mule (IA)

Dantankerous (KS) ?

Dragon Hill Dave (TX) ?

Three Shot Shamrock

Boss Shamrock

Asa Smith (KS)

Mo No Name *BP* 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't able to make it this year.Is my entry good for next year.?

Largo

14 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

I wasn't able to make it this year.Is my entry good for next year.?

Largo

Different club Largo... So unfortunately I don't think I can make that happen.  All entry fees are handled by the host club.

Was really looking forward to shooting with you again... Was bummed you could not make it.  But Life gets in the way of our fun sometimes! B)

Sorry Looks like we might be doing Kansas & Iowa.Will be watching for entry's.Will see how close together they are.

Sure missed shooting with U again.

Looking forward to a Hip relacement in March.

Largo                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

1 hour ago, The Verdigris Kid said:

Looks like this coincides with the Iowa State shoot Memorial Weekend.

Correct me if I am wrong Major Art Tillary.

Will have to see if I can make it work out. Have to remember to bring my Henry. :D

Yes sir!  You are correct!  Hope ya can make it... Going to practice my Henry work to whoop up on ya this time! :lol:

I have never shot in Iowa, this is now on my calendar for next year.  Hope I can make it work.  Have had a blast at the showdown the last two years.

Scout

Classic Cowboy is the absolutely best category in SASS! I wish this was a little closer to home. If it was I'd be all over it. Because, after all, Classic Cowboys exist because even gunfighters need heroes! :D 

20 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I have never shot in Iowa, this is now on my calendar for next year.  Hope I can make it work.  Have had a blast at the showdown the last two years.

Scout

Glad you have made it pard...  Looking for next year already!

On 10/29/2020 at 9:46 PM, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

Classic Cowboy is the absolutely best category in SASS! I wish this was a little closer to home. If it was I'd be all over it. Because, after all, Classic Cowboys exist because even gunfighters need heroes! :D 

Ya bet it is... Undeniable!  Where do you call home?  Wish you could make the trip.  

And your right they do need heroes.  ( Shot Glass from first Showdown from 4 years ago)

PSX_20191110_100214.thumb.jpg.bba6a5bc30947aead8f5c0d7f3a4ec17.jpg

9 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Ya bet it is... Undeniable!  Where do you call home?  Wish you could make the trip.  

Oregon. The Oregon Trail route goes up the canyon past my house. I asked my lovely bride if she wanted to go to Iowa for Memorial Day weekend and was met with a somewhat less than enthusiastic response... :D 

On 10/30/2020 at 10:15 PM, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

Oregon. The Oregon Trail route goes up the canyon past my house. I asked my lovely bride if she wanted to go to Iowa for Memorial Day weekend and was met with a somewhat less than enthusiastic response... :D 

Well does she know the John Wayne Museum is within driving distance from this match.? :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Well does she know the John Wayne Museum is within driving distance from this match.? :ph34r:

I don’t think so, but she provably wouldn’t care if she did... :D 

Looking forward to helping with this great event this year.  I've updated our website with our Iowa State 2021 registration so anyone that wants to get that in can.  There are 2 options, you can do it all online or you can print and mail in the form.  I'm still trying to fix a long standing issues with our Paypal.  If you click on the continue shopping link it will take you back to our main page and not the order page.  This can tend to cause a lot of confusion for folks that want to pay online.  If you run into issues please feel free to email me.

Thanks,

Cactus Clark

8 hours ago, Cactus Clark said:

Looking forward to helping with this great event this year.  I've updated our website with our Iowa State 2021 registration so anyone that wants to get that in can.  There are 2 options, you can do it all online or you can print and mail in the form.  I'm still trying to fix a long standing issues with our Paypal.  If you click on the continue shopping link it will take you back to our main page and not the order page.  This can tend to cause a lot of confusion for folks that want to pay online.  If you run into issues please feel free to email me.

Thanks,

Cactus Clark

Thanks for the info!  Looking forward to shooting there... Sure hope Covid in 2021 does not screw things up.

• 3 weeks later...

Put it on the Calendar, Hope I am tough enough and can make it.

6 hours ago, Colonel Lou said:

Put it on the Calendar, Hope I am tough enough and can make it.

I hope so as well.  Should be a great time in Iowa for the match.  Remember John Wayne's Birthplace and museum is just a short drive from the event!

3 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Are they gonna have a CCBP class?

Largo

Yes sir... A buckle has been donated.  Along with other awards.

Got a couple of things coming up.See how it go's before I send in my entry.

Largo

On 12/10/2020 at 8:28 AM, largo casey #19191 said:

Got a couple of things coming up.See how it go's before I send in my entry.

Largo

Hope you can make it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived