SASS Wire Forum

I'm Addicted to a Reality Show

Absolutely none. I call them Unreality shows.

7 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

The Great British Baking Show!

:D

My wife actually enjoys that one. I would stop short of addicted, though.

43 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Y’all should try watching Soft White Underbelly.

Soft White Underbelly is the name used by Blue Oyster Cult when they would play small clubs and bars between tours!!

34 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

We enjoy it too. 

The few minutes I’ve watched, I have enjoyed, but it seems I’m only able to catch it in passing 

10 minutes ago, Grass Range said:

Me too. I am curious about the guy who shot a deer in SW Montana and mentioned having to carry it out to his vehicle. BUT, he had left the entire legs on the deer.

Last night the one dude had a guy come and make a flint knife. Interesting.

My wife is addicted to Alone and The Amazing Race.

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I also like Homestead Rescue. But, my addiction is Shark Tank.

You have to watch it to understand.

Shark tank is great! Forgot about that but I don’t think of it as a reality show per se. 

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Shark tank is great! Forgot about that but I don’t think of it as a reality show per se. 

It is Number 11 on this list.

https://www.insider.com/best-reality-tv-shows-2017-6#12-leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath-ae-6

My wife is addicted to Gold Rush and Tuna Fishing and Alaskan Crab Whatever-it-is.

She can have 'em!

I haven't watched it, but I'm curious about something.  Do they sharks offer opinions about whether the product actually is a good product, or is it just about whether it will make money for investors?  Reason I ask is I've seen ads for products that brag about their success on Shark Tank, then you never hear of the product again.  

I like shark tank. The last episode I  saw 3 people in a row trying to get a deal or publicity had to share their sob stories. I hate that. One of them only brought out the tears after their presentation wasn't going well. On a rare occasion with a very unusual story, I don't mind. But one after another is too much. 

1 hour ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

I haven't watched it, but I'm curious about something.  Do they sharks offer opinions about whether the product actually is a good product, or is it just about whether it will make money for investors?  Reason I ask is I've seen ads for products that brag about their success on Shark Tank, then you never hear of the product again.  

I've seen their products in the stores but only a couple of times, most recent was the gift wrap paper cutter that I saw in Walmart. I really think that the "inventors"  are looking for the "doors" to be opened for them to wide spread sell the product, the investors are looking to further their portfolio and the network is looking to keep the show popular.

My gal watches the show on a regular basis. On occasion I'll watch it. Some of the stuff is interesting and some of it is me asking "why?". 

5 hours ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

Sometimes the Sharks give negative or positive opinions on the products that none of them buy into.

Archived