SASS Wire Forum

FS Non SASS Brass -- ALL SOLD.

Cleaning out the brass box.  Brass had been tumble cleaned and bagged. 

SOLD    9mm;  1000 mixed head stamp commercial,  1000 NATO head stamp,  250 Federal,  390 S&B.   Over 2600 pieces in all.

$3.00 / 100 or all of it shipped $85.00

SOLD    .40 S&W;  300+ pieces for $15.00 shipped

SOLD    5.7 x 28 mm;  500+pieces for $15.00 shipped

Amigo,    Coating ?   There doesn't seem to be any coating on them. I had ran these through vibrator with treated corn cob media a several months ago. Had marked the bag count at 510.  I'd say they look good, clean and ready to process.  

8 hours ago, Cpl. Henry B. Tolate said:

Amigo,    Coating ?   There doesn't seem to be any coating on them. I had ran these through vibrator with treated corn cob media a several months ago. Had marked the bag count at 510.  I'd say they look good, clean and ready to process.  

The 5.7x28mm are produced with a clear lacquer coating that is supposed to aid in movement through the PS90 magazines and aid in extraction in the FiveSeven pistol. Without it, the magazines begin to jam up and the extraction can fail in the pistols. Most people who reload them try to avoid removing the lacquer, so they generally don't tumble and certainly stay away from steel media. Some have tried to put back on some sort of lubricant or coating after fully removing the lacquer, but the accepted method seems to be some light soaking in water/dish detergent and no tumbling...with folks saying they toss after about 5-6 reloads as the lacquer coating is gone by then and brass has been through a lot by that point, also. I, personally, have not reloaded the 5.7x28mm; my son has a FiveSeven pistol and I have considered getting one for my wife. My son hasn't tried reloading it, either--we are just hanging on to the brass for now.

Archived