SASS Wire Forum

Mask

Alpo

I'm walking the dogWorthless.jpg.79b6c357815ecc493bf42f61b4866828.jpg a couple of afternoons ago.

I see this car pull into a yard. Just getting home from work. As she opens the door I see that it's a woman, alone in the car. and she is wearing a black mask across the bottom of her face.

ONE OF THEM, I think. And I mentally shake my head. Then I noticed that she is holding a to-go cup. And I wonder how she was able to drink from her to-go cup while she was wearing the mask.

Then she steps out of the car, and the mask disappears, and I realized that it was not a mask. It was a shadow across her face caused by the frame of the car door window.

:blush:

26 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Don't get me started on the mask. :ph34r:

Me either!!  :angry:

Now I'm beginning to understand why you are perpetually perplexed and that in itself is a scary thought; understanding Alpo. :o

The only question I have about a mask is this: what specifications must they meet? Government has not stated a spec, just that we wear one.

BS

8 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Don't get me started on the mask. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Me either!!  :angry:

Yep.....,

Don't get me started on underwear for my face......

6 hours ago, Barry Sloe said:

The only question I have about a mask is this: what specifications must they meet? Government has not stated a spec, just that we wear one.

BS

There are no specs except for surgical masks. Virtually any cloth covering will help to prevent you exhaling droplets containing virus. As far as a mask that protects you, the only mask available ifs the N95. That will protect You from inhaling the virus because of the way it’s constructed. People are very confused about masks due to the insane stuff they see on the Internet. I wear an N95. I cannot afford to contract the disease. It would be a death sentence for my wife if I passed it to her.

i think its a commie attempt to erase your identity and make you one of the masses that have nothing , deserve little or nothing and will ultimately serve all of the needs of the prolitariot , welcome comrad 

The beauty of wearing a mask especially combined with some sort of a hat is that it's going to defeat any facial recognition software security camera that's peeping on private citizens were ever they are. ;)

12 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

The beauty of wearing a mask especially combined with some sort of a hat is that it's going to defeat any facial recognition software security camera that's peeping on private citizens were ever they are. ;)

I like limiting what the government knows about what I do . But in this case I get the distinct feeling the mask mandates are aiding looters  and rioters. Look at antifa they were criticized for always wearing masks , and prior to the beer flu it was even illegal in some places . Now they are just “following the law” . A hoodie a mask and sunglasses and you can loot without worry in many cities 

20 hours ago, Barry Sloe said:

BS

Besides construction my other question is how long are they good for ? I worked in a chemical plant for over 20 years and had to wear a full face respirator for many jobs , sometimes with cartridges , and with supplied air when there were no effective cartridges for the chemical your dealing with . All cartridges had a life span depending on what they had to filter . 
I don’t know about any of you but after wearing a mask for any period of time mine becomes moist and warm which leads me to believe it is a great carrier for a virus or bacteria. I see people in the grocery store adjusting their mask then playing with things on the shelf then adjusting their mask again . Masks when used in a hospital or surgery are used far differently than the general public is using them . BTW dust masks were banned for use in the plant I worked by our industrial hygiene department over 25 years ago because they were deemed inadequate for any task . And like any company if they could have gotten away with cheaper ppe they would do it. We had allot of training on respiratory protection and proper way to donn and doff ppe. For they majority of my career I was certified as a hazmat responder . And from everything I was taught I just don’t see how they can be very effective. 
I’m not saying this to rage against the mask mandate I’m saying it because if you truly can’t catch this because it will kill you or someone you love I simply wouldn’t rely on the mask being much help . And yes I do wear one simply to avoid conflict and make the retailers lives easier rather than harder . I also feel sorry for the people that are compelled to wear them all day because I’m sure not many employers are providing them with enough fresh masks or allowing them the time to properly disinfect what they do have .  

Archived