SASS Wire Forum

Mock-Tail Names

Calamity Kris

I am not able to drink alcohol of any form.  As of late, I've been mixing mock-tails using faux spirits.  Some of the faux spirits are really good, some are dreadful.  I have also been trying to come up with names for my concoctions but I've run out of ideas so I'm looking to my esteemed colleagues to assist.  For example:

Moscow Mule = Moscow Gelding

Kentucky Mule = Kentucky Gelding

Manhattan = Brooklyn

Thanks for your ideas!!!

People like drinking alcohol for its inebriating properties.  Many can't stand the taste.  They get good tasting stuff to mix with the alcohol to make it palatable.  It is called a cocktail.

You can't drink alcohol.  You get the good tasting stuff people use for cocktails.  You then buy something that tastes as bad as real alcohol and mix it with your good tasting stuff to make a barely palatable, alcohol free, fake cocktail.

Why?

Thank you. I was wondering the same thing myself.

Booze tastes nasty. So people mix it with other things so they can get the nasty stuff down, so they can get the buzz.

Drinking non-alcohol booze (and I most definitely include non-alcoholic beer in this) just confuses my mind.

I will save the Marshall the typing time.

"Yes Alpo, but many things confuse your mind."

Tequila Sunrise = Tequila Dawn

I'm sorry but anything "Brooklyn" must have a mind altering ingredient / aspect.  Try "Queens" instead.

Sex on the beach >>>  Wait, this is a family friendly forum.  I won't talk about what happened in the alley. 

Long Island Iced Tea >>> Baptist Iced Tea

Old Fashioned >>> Pre-historic or New Age

Rob Roy >>> Robin Hood

Mai Tai >>> Muy Thai

White Russian >>> White Martian

Mimosa >>> Almosta

9 hours ago, Joke 'um said:

People like drinking alcohol for its inebriating properties.  Many can't stand the taste.  They get good tasting stuff to mix with the alcohol to make it palatable.  It is called a cocktail.

You can't drink alcohol.  You get the good tasting stuff people use for cocktails.  You then buy something that tastes as bad as real alcohol and mix it with your good tasting stuff to make a barely palatable, alcohol free, fake cocktail.

Why?

I beg to differ.  Not everyone drinks for intoxication.  I used to drink because I liked the flavors of what I was drinking.  (I also knew some really good mixologists.)  The faux vodka I buy has essence of black currant in it.  Mixed with the citrus flavors of the Moscow Mule mix and ginger ale, it tastes pretty amazing.  I also use baking rum, the same as you would put in cookies or cakes, for a faux Piña Colada.  If it's good enough to put in your food, it can't be all that bad.

I make these mock-tails for the flavors.  You can make a Piña Colada without the rum essence but it doesn't taste the same.  That's why I use the faux flavors.

Archived